Assigned How to Really Understand Your Users’ Real Needs? – Free Style

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
In today’s world of big data, we may have cultivated a habit of thinking in numbers and percentages about everything.
We believe that data can show us everything or we are simply trying to hide our fear of the unknown behind the big numbers. Grouping phenomenon and making things clear are natural in human behavior.
Trying to understand the understandable as well.

Continue to read: How to Really Understand Your Users' Real Needs? – Free Style – Zemana Blog

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
"To understand all of them we believe that simply running a data query is not enough. You need empathy.

You have to become your users."
Nailed it here! Working as an IT business project manager myself, I've realised contact with customers isn't what is used to be years ago: formality, cordiality e-mails, things of the past. The formal generation of people is out of this business field, and we now target mainly millenials and mid-age people. Of course this doesn't mean elder people aren't a part of our public, it just means they represent the smaller percent.

And to cover these targets, cordiality is not the way to bring them near, but it is constant support, studying their behaviours, their humour and needs. So I have become to realise that around 70% of my customers, love to be in touch with us, to have a quick answer to their questions, to know the status of their needs/projects, and to find a friend rather than a supplier. And this is only obtained by daily chatting, minimal, direct e-mailing, and trust me, fun. On our social network we post memes of our products for godsake, it works flawlessly (products realted to millenials). It's studying your target and adapting to them, not making adapt to you, else you will vanish.

I even managed my team to phone call clients once in a while, just to ask them how is the product doing. Of course, we're talking about hardware related (automation, CCTV, access control hardware). But just imagine @Miss Onnellisuus @JM Safe recieving a call from your anti-malware supplier, which you bought a license from, and you get a conversation like this:

-Hello Mr. Jack, this is @ZAM3_PO from Zemana
-Oh, hello, what's up?
-Not much! Just popping in seeing how's your PC doing! You've bought our product around a month ago from now, we never actually recieve complaints, but we want to make sure you ain't having any trouble using it! :)
-Umh.. not at all actually, I just got yesterday some weird alert about phishing
-Oh yes Jack, that would be our internet access module protecting you from compromising your bank credentials! Good thing you installed our product! :)
-Thanks Mr.!
-Anything you need please contact us back Jack! Have a great day.

Customer will just hang up thinking "what has just happened", because, trust me, nobody is used to recieving special attention from a supplier. So first thing they think is: "wow they really love me", and suddenly you're the first recommended brand for the type of product you offer. I have done this since I started working where I work now, and it hasn't failed me once. You only spend a couple of bucks a day with phone calls and guarantee more clients and automatic renewal :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.