Advice Request How to record YOUTUBE live stream online?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
No it’s a live stream which is continuous that never stops.We can watch it for last 4 hours but it doesn’t save on YouTube.its a live stream broadcast of a TV Channel

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
youtube-dl and probably with an addition of ffmpeg will get the job done.

There's also GUI frontend out there if you're not really comfortable with cmd.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do you want to Record your own content and stream to YouTube?
> YouTube
Stream options and Enable DVR.

If you have your own software set-up it can save directly to your local drive, as well as a livestream to YouTube.

Or did you mean to save someone else's livestream?

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Do you want to Record your own content and stream to YouTube?
> YouTube
Stream options and Enable DVR.

If you have your own software set-up it can save directly to your local drive, as well as a livestream to YouTube.

Or did you mean to save someone else's livestream?
He said he wants to record the live stream of the TV channel.
No it’s a live stream which is continuous that never stops.We can watch it for last 4 hours but it doesn’t save on YouTube.its a live stream broadcast of a TV Channel

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
Since everyone insist that it's not possible, let me say this one more time. Livestream video can be downloaded with the help youtube-dl. Of course it's not a straight forward task and require some reading through the manual. But I assure you, it can be done.

1. Grab the executable from here: rg3/youtube-dl
  2. Also download ffmpeg, nightly or stable are equally fine. Builds - Zeranoe FFmpeg
  3. Put them in the same directory and add the directory to your PATH.
You can find an example of this case from here: How do you use youtube-dl to download live streams (that are live)?

youtube-dl is a very powerful tool and it supports many sites, not just youtube. You can even use it to watch stream directly from your favorite media player instead of your browser. I use it in conjunction with mpv mainly to watch twitch livestream.

And last but not least, refer to youtube-dl manual for further explanations and detailed options.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Since everyone insist that it's not possible, let me say this one more time. Livestream video can be downloaded with the help youtube-dl. Of course it's not a straight forward task and require some reading through the manual. But I assure you, it can be done.

1. Grab the executable from here: rg3/youtube-dl
  2. Also download ffmpeg, nightly or stable are equally fine. Builds - Zeranoe FFmpeg
  3. Put them in the same directory and add the directory to your PATH.
You can find an example of this case from here: How do you use youtube-dl to download live streams (that are live)?

youtube-dl is a very powerful tool and it supports many sites, not just youtube. You can even use it to watch stream directly from your favorite media player instead of your browser. I use it in conjunction with mpv mainly to watch twitch livestream.

And last but not least, refer to youtube-dl manual for further explanations and detailed options.
Ok, it can be done, but do you really think that an average PC user will know how to set this up?

Reactions: frogboy

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
Ok, it can be done, but do you really think that an average PC user will know how to set this up?
There's difference between impossible and tricky/difficult.
I didn't mean any offense to you or anybody else.
But IMO we shouldn't dismiss other possible solutions to certain problem just because it's a difficult option.

Reactions: frogboy

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
If it still works, posted in 2016.
How To Download YouTube Videos Using VLC Media Player

Don't some here use media downloaders, such as EagleGet etc.

Yeah, VLC is a possible option too. But I've only ever tried it on VOD, not sure about livestream. Can't test it because I don't use VLC anymore nowadays.

EagleGet doesn't work on livestream. I have it and it still can't download livestream even with the latest update.

Reactions: ItsReallyMe

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.