Solved How to remove SearchMine.Net off of Safari?

dienpyn

Thread author
Dec 19, 2019
I tried following the steps posted on your thread, but when I reach step 2, I can't change the Homepage as it's grey and unclickable. Also, there are apparently no "Extensions", but SearchEngine still comes out when I open a new tab. Helpppppp please. This isn't the first time this happened to my laptop.

Reactions: [correlate]

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello @dienpyn,

This is a known bug with Safari. Try these steps:

1. In Safari, choose Preferences from the Safari menu.
  2. In the window that opens, click the General icon (if necessary)
  3. Enter your desired home page in the "Homepage" field, but DO NOT press return!
  4. At the top of the window, click any of the other icons (eg, Tabs, AutoFill, etc).
  5. You may see a prompt asking for confirmation for changing the home page. If so, confirm.
  6. Switch back to the General page and check to make sure the home page has been changed.

Next, let's check if there any malicious profiles installed on your Mac:

1. Go to System Preferences.
  2. Click Profiles.
  3. The list will include an item “AdminPrefs“. Select this and click the remove “–” button in the lower-left corner.
If there isn’t a Profiles icon, you don’t have any profiles installed, which is normal.

Let me know if these steps worked.

dienpyn

Thread author
Dec 19, 2019
Unfortunately, it won't even allow me to enter my desired homepage field as it is grey and unclickable. Check photo attached for reference.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 16.52.46.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 16.52.46.png
    228 KB · Views: 241

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Unfortunately, it won't even allow me to enter my desired homepage field as it is grey and unclickable. Check photo attached for reference.
Can you please check to see if there is a malicious profile installed on your computer:

1. Go to System Preferences.
  2. Click Profiles.
  3. Select any items and click the remove “–” button in the lower-left corner.
If there isn’t a Profiles icon, you don’t have any profiles installed, which is normal.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.