Troubleshoot How to remove these Xbox services on Windows 10 v1803?

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I ran " Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage " in Powershell admin and nothing happened. How do you remove these Xbox services on Windows 10 v1803? I can't disable " Xbox Game Monitoring " service because it said access is denied. These Xbox services still have the executable file.

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_3.png

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
If you have Geek Uninstaller, you can go to View > Windows Store Apps and uninstall any Windows app that you don't need. I've slimmed my system down to about 9 Windows apps.

There's no Xbox app in Iobit Uninstaller on Windows App. But the service is still there with the exectuable file.
Xbox Accessory Management.pngXbox Live Game Save.pngXbox Live Networking Service.pngXbox Game Monitoring.pngXbox AUTH.png

Last edited:
Reactions: vtqhtr413
Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Try the suggested Geek unistaller, it may be simpler than command line process for you, all uninstallers are not created equally, no offence intended @CyberTech .

I tried that and no Xbox app at all. I also cannot find Microsoft.XboxLIVEGames and Microsoft.XboxApp package follow the steps listed in the link, but I did find this one package that I am unable to remove after type in the full package name.

Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI : Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.17134.1.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Upvote 0

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
@SumTingWong Yeah, I tested it on my VM and it gave me the same error. But it also removed all the ones it was able to remove.

Get-AppxPackage | Select Name,PackageFullname

When you enter this line, can you find a single entry with the keyword 'xbox' anymore? I wasn't able to, so I think it works properly, despite the error.

Edit: Except for XboxGameCallableUI, which I don't think is removable.

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
@SumTingWong Yeah, I tested it on my VM and it gave me the same error. But it also removed all the ones it was able to remove.

Get-AppxPackage | Select Name,PackageFullname

When you enter this line, can you find a single entry with the keyword 'xbox' anymore? I wasn't able to, so I think it works properly, despite the error.

Edit: Except for XboxGameCallableUI, which I don't think is removable.

I only see this
Name: Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI

Package Full Name: Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.17134.1.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Regarding to the Xbox services in Services, I can only disable it and can't remove it?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.