How to report a False Positive Program/File

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
I found this site with contact information for 42 of the major and some minor Antivirus/Security Software companies to report potential or confirmed false positives. I think it would be useful to all members, as it is pretty comprehensive.

OPSWAT: MetaDefender- What Do I Do If an Engine Detects My Safe File as a Threat?

https://www.opswat.com/blog/what-do-i-do-if-engine-detects-my-safe-file-threat

All credit goes to OPSWAT and their blog post. I thought I would pass it along.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
Nice find @soccer97, thanks for sharing :)
Maybe @Klipsh might want to add the "new" ones on this list (behind that hyperlink) to the Hub SUD list? :)

Eh, could make it a sticky. Lots of posts in different AV/Security Product forums asking how to report. Then again, some products offer in program submission or a simple email address. I just thought it would maybe cut down on clutter and duplicate posts. I found it thanks to everyone who replied to one of my posts on interpreting Virustotal results.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Eh, could make it a sticky. Lots of posts in different AV/Security Product forums asking how to report. Then again, some products offer in program submission or a simple email address. I just thought it would maybe cut down on clutter and duplicate posts. I found it thanks to everyone who replied to one of my posts on interpreting Virustotal results.
There is an sticky list at least at the Hub, removed but added again in the past on users request. But I'm sure the Mods (which can edit such things only) will take notice of your list kindly provided and may update the sticky list(s).

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.