Guide | How To How to Report Dangerous Websites

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Chiron

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
Hello, I've written an article in which I explain How to Report Dangerous Websites. It's meant to show people how to report any dangerous site they run across in order to protect the maximum amount of people with the minimum amount of effort.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

P

Plexx

Interesting. It seems ok, however I do have one question: No way to report to ESET or AVAST?

Despite ESET has its own webguard/shield type of module, I know they have blacklists on their own servers. As for AVAST I would believe its the same as ESET.

ESET is quite popular within the spanish speaking community (latin america, spain etc). Although this is also due to the fact that back in version 3 when the trial fixes of 2.7 didnt work, the users who made programs to look at specific sites for username/password were spanish speakers (similar programs like old school kaspersky key finder), although I highly doubt those still exist.

ESET itself in Spain is just as popular as Panda, despite not being spanish. You go to a PC shop or MediaMarkt or even Carrefour and you can get ESET deals more often than Kaspersky or BitDefender or even Norton (thats where I got my nice ESS deal when I bought some equipment etc:))

Chiron

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
Biozfear said:
Interesting. It seems ok, however I do have one question: No way to report to ESET or AVAST?

Despite ESET has its own webguard/shield type of module, I know they have blacklists on their own servers. As for AVAST I would believe its the same as ESET.

ESET is quite popular within the spanish speaking community (latin america, spain etc). Although this is also due to the fact that back in version 3 when the trial fixes of 2.7 didnt work, the users who made programs to look at specific sites for username/password were spanish speakers (similar programs like old school kaspersky key finder), although I highly doubt those still exist.

ESET itself in Spain is just as popular as Panda, despite not being spanish. You go to a PC shop or MediaMarkt or even Carrefour and you can get ESET deals more often than Kaspersky or BitDefender or even Norton (thats where I got my nice ESS deal when I bought some equipment etc:))
Thanks.

I'll look into how to submit sites to ESET and Avast.

Chiron

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
Biozfear said:

Thanks.

I've contacted these companies and am just waiting for their replies before adding the products to the article.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Yes I have once used a Spanish ESET crack. Just to test lol. And it works 100%. And it works with the latest version too. Here in India ESET has a office very close to my house and they usually organize mobile contests in Mumbai. Never managed to find one though.

Reactions: RXZ6Q

Chiron

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
MalwareCenter said:
Chiron said:
Report Site to MalwareBlackList: Currently MalwareBlackList is down for maintenance, at least I believe that's the problem, so I'll review it once it's up and running again.

Malware BlackList is working now :)

To submit an URL please go to http://www.malwareblacklist.com/showMDL.php and click "Submit URL(s)". Free account is needed
Thank you.

I will include this information in the article.

Last edited by a moderator:

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
ESET has an inbult option that says submitfiles for analysis,you can just submit a text file with the addresses directly to them !

JasmineJasmine

Mar 5, 2016
While trying to test the site, there was an index file with a malicious script which had an iframe to another site's jar file. Kaspersky antivirus blocked it. I browsed via ftp to find the file and I deleted it. I also disabled directory listing. Maybe the ftp details of the site owner would have been hacked. I want to report this site to Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, and other antivirus providers. I hope kaspersky would have updated it in their database, but I still want to explicitly report this.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.