Guide | How To How to Speed Up Internet Connection on Your Computer Just a Few Second.

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
the conventional pci is much different from the new pci-e standards. Com ports are no longer used and you don't have to adjust irq's like in the old days.

HeffeD said:
ranget said:
anyway i think Dialup modem uses Com Ports every PCI card uses a com Port on the Main System :/

Yes, most modems can emulate a COM port.

I have several PCI cards in my machine, and no COM ports listed in my device manager.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
pcjunklist said:
the conventional pci is much different from the new pci-e standards. Com ports are no longer used and you don't have to adjust irq's like in the old days.

I was very happy to see them go. IRQ conflicts could be a major headache. That was why USB caught on so quickly. The USB controller takes care of sorting out your peripherals. Just plug it in, no bother. :)

I do still own a USB to serial adapter, (Which sets up a Virtual COM port) but I haven't used it in over 5 years.

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
HeffeD said:
pcjunklist said:

I was very happy to see them go. IRQ conflicts could be a major headache. That was why USB caught on so quickly. The USB controller takes care of sorting out your peripherals. Just plug it in, no bother. :)

I do still own a USB to serial adapter, (Which sets up a Virtual COM port) but I haven't used it in over 5 years.

I own a USB to RS232 serial adapter, purely for debricking a router, other than that about 3 years ago I used to do a bit of PAT testing and the gear needed a Serial port on a laptop to connect to

Before that, probably a joystick on an Atari :D

helenrai

Aug 30, 2013
Lukajlo said:
How to Speed Up Internet Connection on Your Computer Just a Few Second.

Just a little trick for those of you who do not know How to Speed Up Internet Connection on Your Computer Just a Few Second.. This applies to all types of connections.

How to speed up your Internet connection is slow:

1. Click right of you mouse on My Computer, then click Properties
2. Select Hardware => click Device Manager
3. Double click PORTS (COM & LPT)
4. Double click Comunications Port
5. Choose Ports Setting
6. Change Bits per second was to be 128 000
7. Change The flow control from None to hardware

Test your browsing. These are just some of the few tricks to speed up internet connection. Many other ways that you can find. may be useful.
:)

Source: Link

Thanks for your information. Here i also mention some of the tips to speed up internet connection

1)If your system internet speed is very slow. First reset your modem
2)Delete all cookies and temporary files.
3)Use different browser. Because normally some browser enabled javascript
and flash video ,so the webpages is loaded very slow.So you can try it
different browser.
4)Virus,malwares is also another important thing it will make a slow connection.
So use a good antivirus software to remove all virus and malwares .
Finally go to this site Scanmyspeed.com then check your internet speed
it will definitely works very fast.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.