Advice Request [SOLVED]how to take downloaded files out of CIS sandbox

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Hi everyone!

I am tryng CIS free on a useless netbook (where sometimes I try sw without messing up with my primary PCs).

when I start the browser (FF) in CIS sandbox and I download files, then I can access them only in FF download manager (the arrow on the top right). I can't find them in my download folder, I can't find them in shared space.
Could you tell me where I am wrong? where should i find them? because I want to use them out of the sandbox (they remain in the sandbox)

I mean I d like to do like in SBIE .

Maybe I set the security option wrongly

Looking forward to hearing from you

thank you in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: cruelsister

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Dirk- you will find the downloads in the sandbox folder that Comodo creates, c:\VTRoot
(Specifically in the \Users\Downloads section of C:\VTRoot).

I hope you will read this post again as I edited it!

Last edited:

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Hi! Thank you for the reply!
Yeas probably I rised the level of security options, but I don't remember what because I did it months ago .

Anyway yes ! They are in VTROOT thank you ! So as far as they are there , they are sandboxed? Like in in SBIE?

Last edited:
Reactions: SHvFl

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Although the file itself is sandboxed in VTRoot, when run it will be treated like a file anywhere else on the system. This is kind of why I don't see the purpose of isolating the browser. Whether an download or an exploit, in order for your system to be infected something must still be run locally on the system- and Comodo will monitor these actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.