How to Take Screen Shot in Android Based Mobile Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuttus

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
These are some of the screen Shot Options some commonly used Smart Phones.

How Does the Screen Shot feature work on some of the Smart Phones.
On all Sony Ericsson Xperia Models

2ajpekw.gif

Long press the power button and a pop up memu comes out... then chose screen shot option... it can work even an app is open...

Taking a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S and other Samsung Android devices.

2cr3oeb.jpg

To take a screenshot

• 1.Hold Back touch key
    2.Double press Home key

Screen capture comes to the LG Optimus and G2X

dcem3r.jpg

With the LG all you need to do is hold down the power/sleep button and then the home button, much like the iPhone.

To take Screen shots on your HTC
344sduf.jpg

• 1. Press and hold the power button (this only needs to be held for a quick second before completing the next step, so be ready.
    2. Now, press your home button.
    3. That’s it — screenshot taken

All the phones must have a Firmware Version of 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) or higher.

In the case of the Htc Mobiles an additional requirement of Htc Sense 3.0 version is required.

Motorolla Users can expect an android update if they have a motorolla droid 2 or moto Xoom.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Thank you for this! :) I have done that accidentally on my father's phone a few days ago but I did not know how to repeat it. I will try it again and see if it works or not.

About the Sony Ericsson phones, that power button method works only when it was on 2.3. When I upgraded my sister's SE Xperia Live With Walkman to ICS there is no option from the power button to take screenshot. I don't know if this applies to all other Xperias on ICS.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
There you go since my phone doesn't have that version of Android I can't do it. :-/ Thanks for the guide anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.