How to tweak Windows yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
Do you want to tweak your Windows by yourself then blackviper is the answer to your prayers :)

go to Start--> run --> services.msc

Have fun with tweaking :)

Regards,
Valentin N

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
Tip: make a list of what you don't need. Do you have other firewall than windows firewall, disable Windows firewall, do you use printer, if you don't disable it, do you have other antimawlare which are far better than Windows Defender, disable Windows defender, if you don't .NET frame, disable and so on....

I hope you get the message :)

Disabling services means that the cpu will be able to focus it's power more on the necessary application than on unnecessary active services.

Offtopic: this is for everyone but especially for those have the wish to learn how to tweak but don't know how to do so :)

Regards,
Valentin N

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
It is sometimes tricky disabling services. You might end up with some software or feature not working after you do that. Maybe you won't run into this problem immediately after disabling the services so you might not realize what's wrong.

The key is to start disabling just a few services and only after you are completely sure that you know what they do and if you need them. Blackviper helps allot by offering extensive info on every service but some problems might still occur depending on the software you are using. Note down the changes you do to your services and and consult this notes when a problem occurs. If you are not sure what exactly a service does...leave it to default.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
I agree with what bogdan said. I used blackviper's safest list. While I could usually tell if I was going to need a service or not, I didn't care enough to have everything extraneous removed, if it might reduce convenience. I'd rather have things work and be a bit slow, than run into problems at inopportune times.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
LaserWraith said:
I agree with what bogdan said. I used blackviper's safest list. While I could usually tell if I was going to need a service or not, I didn't care enough to have everything extraneous removed, if it might reduce convenience. I'd rather have things work and be a bit slow, than run into problems at inopportune times.

I was hoping for better reaction but I guess my intention maybe has bigger negative effect.

Regards,
Valentin N

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
It depends on the targeted audience. Beginners might encounter problems when disabling services.
I see that Balckviper is using a new CMS for the website (WordPress counts as a CMS). Looks nice.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
bogdan said:
It depends on the targeted audience. Beginners might encounter problems when disabling services.
I see that Balckviper is using a new CMS for the website (WordPress counts as a CMS). Looks nice.

I just want people to know where to turn to if they wish to tune up their windows :) I know that some tweak program follow blackviper's advice/directions.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.