Advice Request How to uninstall VPN proper way?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
How to uninstall VPN? I know VPN client install some drivers, but how do you fully uninstall them? Can I use 3rd party uninstaller such as Iobit, Revo, or Geek to uninstall VPN client?
As long any of those software starts the uninstallation .exe that comes along with the VPN and you chose " every component ", you normally shouldn't get any issues. Just make sure after the process that there aren't any TAP adapters left under Network Connections.

Jake Miguel

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2016
As long any of those software starts the uninstallation .exe that comes along with the VPN and you chose " every component ", you normally shouldn't get any issues. Just make sure after the process that there aren't any TAP adapters left under Network Connections.

That, this is the solution. Right here. Thanks upnorth!

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
What's the OS you're using?

Windows 10 x64

I found this article yesterday. Is this article necessary? How to uninstall a VPN the correct way | TechRadar

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I found this article yesterday. Is this article necessary? How to uninstall a VPN the correct way | TechRadar
Got damn it TechRadar! Thats a lot of aggressive ads and my normal blockers don't kill it. :emoji_grimacing:

Anyway, no I don't fully buy every little step that they write about because almost all is normally covered anyway when you use some of those uninstall softwares that you mentioned. Of course even they can miss some folder or log file but in general they do enough. Just try it and then check those steps in the article and let us know if it was valuable.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Got damn it TechRadar! Thats a lot of aggressive ads and my normal blockers don't kill it. :emoji_grimacing:

Anyway, no I don't fully buy every little step that they write about because almost all is normally covered anyway when you use some of those uninstall softwares that you mentioned. Of course even they can miss some folder or log file but in general they do enough. Just try it and then check those steps in the article and let us know if it was valuable.

Is it okay if I uninstall VPN clients using 3rd party uninstallers such as Iobit, Geek, or Revo?

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
For me the better uninstaller is Revo pro. For free version and iobit is very good uninstaller

Status
Not open for further replies.