How to use a firewall on public networks?

what about netcut or ARP, can Windows Firewall block it?

Worrying about ARP is only necessary if you are connected to a local area network. If you are a single PC behind a NAT router not connected to any other PCs behind the NAT router, then you don't have to worry about ARP spoofing.

Reactions: shmu26

novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
Worrying about ARP is only necessary if you are connected to a local area network. If you are a single PC behind a NAT router not connected to any other PCs behind the NAT router, then you don't have to worry about ARP spoofing.
I often hang on public hot spot, when I used ESET SS, I often get ARP notification when connected to public hotspot. Windows Firewall can block it?

Reactions: shmu26

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.