How would I find rogues in the wild? AKA Go Rogue-Hunting

sk3llgamerZDay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
I want to contribute to the site and I also want to test fake AV's (Rouges) I know I could grab some from the malwarehub and add them to a vm and test it but I want to help you guys out and they don't seem to be passed on fake antivirus websites anymore. There websites usually are taken down before I even find them. Also, is there a way I can test the old 2010, 2008-09 rouges? Just curios. I want to find some and help find fake av's too. Any suggestions what sites i could go to on my vm to go rouge hunting?

P.S - On malc0de or other sample sites. I find lots of ransomware but never fake av's. How do I find rouges on malc0de or other malware sample websites not like MalwareTips but sorta just a generic place for any kinds of malware. Thanks ~ Flames

Mod Edit: Corrected spelling, Rogue not Rouge (colour).

Last edited by a moderator:

sk3llgamerZDay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
have you tried scumware.olg
Yep, isn't easy like it used to be. Before I got infected constantly by fake AV's when I was new to computing. I want to test some but I can hardly find any when I want to! :C

P.S Thanks for the suggestion though :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.