JPT555

Level 1
Sorry i have got windows 10. Just realised my error. I will try and load it in safe mode. When i boot up it gets just past the hp screen and then goes black with the loading wheel in the bottom middle of the screen

Last edited:

Rengar

Level 16
It did not find any intergrity violations
IF you are in safe mode just restore your system to another day.
  1. Press and hold (or right-click) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
  2. Search Control Panel for Recovery.
  3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
  4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Rengar

Level 16
Its time to use it. Open HP recovery manager, and then click the restore system to a previous date then choose the option: different spot of recovery, sothething like that and follow the instractions.

JPT555

Level 1
I am going to factory reset it. I think my hard drives have both crashed since they don't show in bios. It could also be a problem with the sada connectors on the motherboard.

Reactions: Rengar

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
I am going to factory reset it. I think my hard drives have both crashed since they don't show in bios. It could also be a problem with the sada connectors on the motherboard.
Turn off, unplug. Check your connections, ensure fans, vents, heatsinks are clean.

When you power on, enter CMOS/BIOS/UEFI setup and check your settings.

I have managed to get the os in safe mode. What should i do next? When i went to desktop the screen went black
I would uninstall the video driver in safe mode. If you have an nVidia card, use DDU to uninstall it. If something else, you could look for a comparable utility. Restart after that as normal; you should have the default VGA driver and Windows should find the current driver for you and install it--let this happen and restart when it tells you or when everything is settled. You should be good to go.

If it doesn't install a video driver for you, download and install the latest driver and restart afterwards.

JPT555

Level 1
Thank you everyone for your help! I have managed to sort my problem by updating my display drivers through safe mode. I think I might stick around and learn more about computers since you are such a nice community.

DracusNarcrym

Level 19
Verified
Thank you everyone for your help! I have managed to sort my problem by updating my display drivers through safe mode. I think I might stick around and learn more about computers since you are such a nice community.
Glad to hear your issue was resolved, mate.

There are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people here.

It'd be awesome to see you around. :p

Reactions: Rengar and JPT555