Troubleshoot Hp pavillion won't load

JPT555

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 22, 2017
Sorry i have got windows 10. Just realised my error. I will try and load it in safe mode. When i boot up it gets just past the hp screen and then goes black with the loading wheel in the bottom middle of the screen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
It did not find any intergrity violations
IF you are in safe mode just restore your system to another day.
  1. Press and hold (or right-click) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
  2. Search Control Panel for Recovery.
  3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
  4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Upvote 0

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Its time to use it. Open HP recovery manager, and then click the restore system to a previous date then choose the option: different spot of recovery, sothething like that and follow the instractions.

Upvote 0

JPT555

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 22, 2017
I am going to factory reset it. I think my hard drives have both crashed since they don't show in bios. It could also be a problem with the sada connectors on the motherboard.

Reactions: Rengar
Upvote 0

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I am going to factory reset it. I think my hard drives have both crashed since they don't show in bios. It could also be a problem with the sada connectors on the motherboard.
Turn off, unplug. Check your connections, ensure fans, vents, heatsinks are clean.

When you power on, enter CMOS/BIOS/UEFI setup and check your settings.

I have managed to get the os in safe mode. What should i do next? When i went to desktop the screen went black

I would uninstall the video driver in safe mode. If you have an nVidia card, use DDU to uninstall it. If something else, you could look for a comparable utility. Restart after that as normal; you should have the default VGA driver and Windows should find the current driver for you and install it--let this happen and restart when it tells you or when everything is settled. You should be good to go.

If it doesn't install a video driver for you, download and install the latest driver and restart afterwards.

Upvote 0

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Thank you everyone for your help! I have managed to sort my problem by updating my display drivers through safe mode. I think I might stick around and learn more about computers since you are such a nice community.
Glad to hear your issue was resolved, mate.

There are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people here.

It'd be awesome to see you around. :p

Reactions: Rengar and JPT555
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.