Huỳnh Nam configuration

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Turn on User Account Control.

Uninstall Iobit Advanced Systemcare Pro.

Recommend you download AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti Malware as on demand scanners.

As for web browser we meant something like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome,Mozilla Firefox, etc.... not website URL.

Anyway, good security setup.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Turn on User Account Control.

i agree

Uninstall Iobit Advanced Systemcare Pro.

i agree too

Recommend you download AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti Malware as on demand scanners.

will not be a bad thing

As for web browser we meant something like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome,Mozilla Firefox, etc.... not website URL.

he uses Coccoc; a Vietnamese chromium-based browser designed especially by and for Vietnamese-speaking users.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
As @user102 said, turn on UAC. You listed your knowledge as Basic, had an infection last month, and download malware samples.
Perhaps start off by having a virtual machine for malware testing and secure the base system first before start playing with malware samples.

Read through some configurations to get some ideas on some security steps to take.

You also listed avast as on demand but use as RT Watchdog. Also, rather use Zemana as opposed to Watchdog but if you already purchased, nothing much to say, since you might as well use it until your license expires.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
he uses Coccoc; a Vietnamese chromium-based browser designed especially by and for Vietnamese-speaking users.

Oh...........i was confuse when he put cocco.com in web browser.

As @user102 said, turn on UAC. You listed your knowledge as Basic, had an infection last month, and download malware samples.
Perhaps start off by having a virtual machine for malware testing and secure the base system first before start playing with malware samples.

Read through some configurations to get some ideas on some security steps to take.

You also listed avast as on demand but use as RT Watchdog. Also, rather use Zemana as opposed to Watchdog but if you already purchased, nothing much to say, since you might as well use it until your license expires.

The Watchdog Anti Malware license work on Zemana Anti Malware as well, i tried that on my mom laptop and it's accept Watchdog Anti Malware license key.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

The Watchdog Anti Malware license work on Zemana Anti Malware as well, i tried that on my mom laptop and it's accept Watchdog Anti Malware license key.
I agree use Watchdog license in Zemana and get rid of Watchdog, it says you have avast! Internet Security as an on-demand scanner, I assume you mean you have disabled it, re-enable it it will work WITH Watchdog and Zemana :) also check this out for settings for avast! High security settings for avast! without impacting performance

avast! Internet Security with high security settings and Zemana Anti-Malware Premium will work well together, I use it. If you wish for more protection you could add Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free: https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbae_current/

L

LabZero

I have to agree with previous recommendations.
Especially if you, as you say, play with malware samples you must use a virtualized environment to guarantee a certain safety level.
VM or at least Shadow Defender are good solutions.
IObit ASC, though improved in recent versions, it might damage your system with an aggressive cleaning, so consider having a backup of your important files.
It's very important an effective backup solution that guarantees a backup plan creating OS images of a working configuration.
The best thing is to create images of the just installed OS : clean and efficient.
You can use Aomei Backupper or Paragon B&R both free.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very efficient configuration.

In the case of Iobit better use the cleaner feature only as other components are rated for questionable [if insist not to remove]. However highly recommended to follow the advice for alternative like CCleaner.

No questions for Watchdog AntiMalware since its a rebranded type within same performance.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
First of all, welcome to MalwareTips!

Your configuration is overall decent, however there are a few adjustments that need to be made. :p

Firstly, I recommend that you remove all IObit products. The company "IObit" has had very bad reputation for stealing code from other software and using it as their own, without permission from the authors of the other software. Additionally, I recommend you get CCleaner for cleaning up temporary/junk files in your system. :p
Secondly, I recommend you set UAC to the default level of protection.
Lastly, I recommend a system imaging (system backup) application.
Here are some free backup applications:
OR
I recommend you use a backup application to create a least one clean, full system image which you can use to restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created that system image.
That would be all. :p

Thanks for sharing your configuration with us!~

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.