Huawei Outsells Apple in 2019, Becomes No. 2 Smartphone Vendor

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Market research firms Canalys and Counterpoint Research have posted their 2019 global smartphone market share reports. Both reports say the biggest mover is Huawei, which, thanks to a whopping 16-17 percent annual growth, claimed the No. 2 smartphone vendor spot in 2019, behind Samsung and ahead of Apple.

Both firms have similar global market share numbers for 2019, with Samsung at around 20 percent, Huawei at 16 percent, Apple at 13 percent, and Xiaomi and Oppo at around eight percent each. Counterpoint credits Huawei's success in its home country of China for its success, saying, "This was the result of an aggressive push from Huawei in the Chinese market, where it achieved almost 40 percent market share." According to the firm, China makes up 60 percent of Huawei's shipments.
Hip Hip Huawei!

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Expected, Huawei phones have as good or better hardware for a cheaper price. I own a mid-range Huawei Nova 3i, it outperforms my girlfriend's Iphone X lol
When you pay for a Iphone, half the price is for the brand...Same as you pay a Ferrari that is outrun by a Nissan Skylight.
Huawei innovate and introduce new features, Apple lost this when Steve Jobs passed away.

RKRN3

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 6, 2019
Expected, Huawei phones have as good or better hardware for a cheaper price. I own a mid-range Huawei Nova 3i, it outperforms my girlfriend's Iphone X lol
When you pay for a Iphone, half the price is for the brand...Same as you pay a Ferrari that is outrun by a Nissan Skylight.
Huawei innovate and introduce new features, Apple lost this when Steve Jobs passed away.
If someone wants to buy a phone before June this year and has a budget up-to $1000, which one do you think that person should go for?

Reactions: DDE_Server

Antus67

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Nov 3, 2019
G.ood article .......it shows how competitive these company's' are when they want a share of the market. This give a breath of fresh air for the consumer as to what they want to choose......pay.......... and be confident with the product.

Reactions: upnorth
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

G.ood article .......it shows how competitive these company's' are when they want a share of the market. This give a breath of fresh air for the consumer as to what they want to choose......pay.......... and be confident with the product.
In S-E Asia (and especially where i live), Iphones are just for show-off, "oh look i just bought the latest Iphone11 who cost 1 year of salary" people buy them but barely uses them fully.
Samsung, Huawei (and some other popular Chinese brand like Xiaomi or Oppo) rules the mid-range market.

Reactions: Antus67 and RKRN3

RKRN3

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 6, 2019
Instead of buying Oppo and Vivo flagships, one should go for OnePlus devices as they have 3 years of guaranteed Android OS Upgrades.

Reactions: upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.