Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro (scheduled on weekends)
Zemana portable
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome x64; Ublock origin, Sticky password, Norton
Maintenance tools
CCleaner (with a scheduled clean on weekends)
File and Photo backup
Norton Security

Huchim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
Out of curiosity would you be able to install Zemana as another on demand scanner?

I have seen that sometimes conflicts with Kaspersky causing high CPU usage when zemana performs an update or scanning, I know how to make exclusions but for now only Hitman Pro

Huchim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
Emsisoft 11 with hosts rules from: https://github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
I'll update the hosts every week. This means block domain ads and trackers on the entire OS and great performance.

I configured ninite updater (free) on task sheduler and run on weekends.

I think I cover the basics on security with awesome performance mainly thanks to Emsisoft :D

Huchim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
Back to Norton with max settings (SONAR to max, heuristic detection at max and traffic rules for programs set to intense )

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.