New Update Huorong Internet Security (Updates)

Jerry.Lin

Level 2
Verified
Apr 27, 2018
Release Note for 5.0.43.0 (04/26/20)
Dear velvet users,

Hello! Thank you all for using velvet security software 5.0. Download address: Click to download

The following is today's update:

new features:
1. It is not recommended to install patch groupings for bug fixes.

Program optimization:
1. Optimized pop-up interception library.
2. Optimized the flow monitoring interface.
3. Optimized the vulnerability scanning rule base.
4. Optimized the garbage cleaning rule base.

Program defect repair:
1. Fix the problem that uac will not be triggered until the gadget restarts.
2. Fixed the problem that some items in the right-click management need to be filtered.
3. Fixed the problem that the card interface will appear when importing custom rules.
4. Fixed the problem of Autorun.inf which can be repaired by U disk scanning prompt.
5. Fixed the problem that Microsoft official website tools make U disk system disk velvet report repairable items.
6. Fixed the problem that the velvet interface stuck and could not be used normally under non-Chinese or English system language.
7. Fix the problem that the real-time monitoring level of the file is medium, and use winrar to decompress a virus compression package, which will not report the virus.
8. Fix the problem that the specified custom rule is queried through the search name, and then the rule switch button is set, and the operation does not take effect.
9. Fix the problem that the flow suspension window setting is unchecked "Auto hide when full screen", but the Edge browser is still automatically hidden under full screen.

With your help, velvet is improving every day, thank you for your support!
Tinder operating team
April 26, 2020

BUG ID 23209, program interface freezes when scanning, was fixed in 5.0.43.0.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Release Note for 5.0.43.0 (04/26/20)

BUG ID 23209, program interface freezes when scanning, was fixed in 5.0.43.0.
Agree, running much better now (no UI glitches, Realtime Protection could be turned off to test BB, I had difficulties with a former release, where RTP did automatically turn on again within seconds).
Even without custom HIPS, the protection seems solid, I tried multiple RW right now.
Only one I saw bypassing was Maze, of course there were instant HIPS warnings related to VSC deletion. And after some seconds, BB did finish off the RW.
Still many processes in memory which HIPS / BB do not kill until you select "terminate" in HIPS warning, but at least Network Control has your back, and without AutoRun and Outbounds, it could be worse.

This leads me to my question / suggestion:
Could you integrate some kind of protected folders to shield documents / pictures?
So Ransomware cannot alter them?
Or are there plans already?
@vardyh

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Thank you, did not notice yet, will try tonight!
ScreenShot_20200429212713.png

ScreenShot_20200429213031.png

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Hi @vardyh,
Some customers have problems with reporting false positives. I have got a mail from the customer who has a problem with false-positive detection of Hard_Configurator (trojan).
Such detection is normal, because Hard_Configurator is a system hardening tool:

Could you post some instructions on how to remove this false positive detection (and other false positives)?

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
Another thing @vardyh ,
there are some conflicts between huorong and fortnite. When anticheats mechanisms are launched it required services.exe to create a file called bedaisy.sys. Host reinforcements will warn or block (if deny setup) about services.exe, cause interfere with rule services configurations. The only way to avoid is to apply a verdict for allow services.exe, but i consider it a bandage and not a solution. Hope u can find a way for fix it too.

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
I wonder whether Huorong Internet Security is still BETA (like the thread title implies)? I did not find any information on it?
I think is still in beta, the product not seems mature for me, starting from little things like translations errors, some incompatibility with others software (like hard configurator), and the contact support just reply in chinese for what i could test my self. This program have big potentiality, hope them improve.

Last edited:

Jerry.Lin

Level 2
Verified
Apr 27, 2018

vardyh

Level 1
Nov 20, 2014
Hi @vardyh,
Some customers have problems with reporting false positives. I have got a mail from the customer who has a problem with false-positive detection of Hard_Configurator (trojan).
Such detection is normal, because Hard_Configurator is a system hardening tool:

Could you post some instructions on how to remove this false positive detection (and other false positives)?
Got it, I'll forward this message to VA team. Thanks for your feedback.

vardyh

Level 1
Nov 20, 2014
Hi @vardyh ,
i was using the combo hard configurator + huorong. When i tryed to open hard configurator it was detected as trojan. The only way was to put it in trusted zone. I think u should whitelist this program due to the high popularity and utility.
Got it, I'll forward this message to VA team. Thanks for your feedback.

Another thing @vardyh ,
there are some conflicts between huorong and fortnite. When anticheats mechanisms are launched it required services.exe to create a file called bedaisy.sys. Host reinforcements will warn or block (if deny setup) about services.exe, cause interfere with rule services configurations. The only way to avoid is to apply a verdict for allow services.exe, but i consider it a bandage and not a solution. Hope u can find a way for fix it too.
Yes, currently it's only possible to let go of services.exe . The relationship between the SCM operation initiator and services.exe should be parsed by intercepting Windows RPC messages. In version 4.0, we did the intercepting in Ring3 by dtrampo.dll, but in version 5.0 we withdrawn this implementation due to some conflicts with game protectors or stuff. We're trying to find a more practical way to make this possible.

Zeitas

Level 2
Verified
Apr 27, 2014
English forum is still not on schedule. Currently, our main focus is on the product itself, like improving detection ratio and stuff.
Thanks for your reply. But hand on heart, For you to be able to compete with other antivirus companies, you almost have to add Avira or Bitdefender or kaspersky signature as an alternative. Correct me if I'm wrong. I personally think it is also important that users can come up with suggestions on how to improve your product. Then you have come a long way. As it seems now, you are on the right track.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.