I am really digging VoodooShield+FortiClient combo.

Slyguy

Level 37
Verified
OS
Other OS
It just seems like a really good combo without all of the 'suite' nonsense with so many AV's these days. Good reliable AV and with the right tweaks to the settings XML it has a lot of raw AV power. VoodooShield seems to pick up any slack FortiClient may have - very nicely - for what seems to be no system impact at all.

I'm sometimes frivolous.. In this case, I think the icons look amazing next to each other. :D

In2an3_PpG

Level 16
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
On their website it says Forticlient already has sandbox and firewall. So why using CF on top?
Its not free. You need to buy their appliance or use their cloud for the firewall and sandbox. Or if you have a virtual environment you can go that route.

Mostly used by commercial customers.

But @Slyguy is fortunate to have a couple Fortinet products and knows quite well how to use them. :)

Slyguy

Level 37
Verified
OS
Other OS
Its not free. You need to buy their appliance or use their cloud for the firewall and sandbox. Or if you have a virtual environment you can go that route.

Mostly used by commercial customers.

But @Slyguy is fortunate to have a couple Fortinet products and knows quite well how to use them. :)
Indeed. Without an appliance, IMO you should compliment Forticlient with something else. With a Fortigate device it's probably sufficient for the vast majority of folks. Although I still choose to run VoodooShield (paid) alongside it for default-deny.

Slyguy

Level 37
Verified
OS
Other OS
edit : any one knows of an offline installer for forticlient?
For an offline installer, just install Forticlient on a PC, then go to %temp% folder and you will find the full offline installer sitting there. Pull this out and copy it to a USB and from that point forward you can install it anywhere you like offline.

Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Qihoo 360
looks like a nice combo @Slyguy! thanks for the share ( those two icons certainly look nice together :) ) I am curious to find out how the two will keep on working together. please keep us posted!

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
Looks like a nice combo! :)

I am pretty happy with voodooshield and Windows Defender. It's pretty light and is working well. Being free is a added bonus!