I had no idea...Panda Antivirus Pro 2016...

Discussion in 'Panda' started by Rod McCarthy, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Rod McCarthy

Rod McCarthy Guest

Hey I need some advice. I cleaned up all my Images today and started over.

I had no idea Panda Anti-Viras a firewall, and I installed Spyshelter Firewall too, both of these are retail versions.

Should I turn off the Panda firewall or leave them both on?

Thanks

Spawn likes this.
  2. Spawn

Spawn Administrator
    Staff Member Content Creator

Jan 8, 2011
    PANDASECURITY.COM - PROTECT YOUR WIRELESS NETWORKS AGAINST HACKERS AND INTRUDERS
    "Panda Antivirus Pro 2016 includes a bidirectional firewall to protect your Wi-Fi network from intrusions and unwanted connections. Chat, share photos and videos, read your favorite blogs or simply surf the Web with complete peace of mind."

You may have missed this on their homepage, as they advertise as WiFi Protection.

Here's a comparison with the Free version:
    upload_2015-9-19_8-9-57.png

3. Rod McCarthy

Rod McCarthy Guest

Yep...Didn't notice that, so turn off Panda's firewall or leave them both on...Spyshelter firewall and Panda firewall?

4. jamescv7

jamescv7 Level 61
    Trusted

Mar 15, 2011
    Web and FileMaker Developer
    Philippines
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    Well as possible leave Panda Pro's Firewall turned on and remove Spyshelter Firewall.

However it depends on how you will configure because it binds to become more maintainance and complex.

5. Rod McCarthy

Rod McCarthy Guest

Can you explain that a little bit more. Why remove spyshelter firewall? Isn't spyshelter firewall better than Panda firewall?

6. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

@Rod McCarthy

Decide which firewall you wish to use as you only need one; running two firewalls simultaneously will eventually cause problems up to and including internet breakage.

7. LabZero

LabZero Guest

About SpyShelter, you can either disable specific Firewall actions or whole Firewall module keeping all the other features.

8. jamescv7

jamescv7 Level 61
    Trusted

Mar 15, 2011
    Web and FileMaker Developer
    Philippines
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    @Rod McCarthy : As possible the Firewall of Panda may capable for such simplicity and straigtforward setup whch for Spyshelter can turn more into complex due to many features allocated for protection.

Now as mentioned, decide for your setup. ;)

9. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    The spyshelter firewall is not really a firewall in the normal sense of the word. You will still need a regular firewall. This is what Rubenking says about it in his review of Spyshelter in PCMAG:

"Not Precisely a Firewall
    You probably have an idea of what a firewall should do. SpyShelter's firewall component doesn't precisely match what you're thinking. It doesn't attempt to put your ports in stealth mode. It doesn't manage Internet and network permissions for the programs you run. And it doesn't actively prevent exploit attacks."

In short, it gives you lots of good protection, but you still need a regular firewall.

As for Panda firewall, it is a regular firewall, but I read that it does not stealth all ports. True, Kaspersky firewall doesn't stealth all ports either, by default, but Kaspersky is sophisticated enough to make up for it by applying rules.
    I am not sure Panda is in the same league.

I personally would turn off Panda firewall, turn on Windows firewall, and keep running the Spyshelter firewall. That way you have good protection without conflicts.