Troubleshoot I keep receiving all of these NetSpend and $1,000 Walmart gift card offers, need help have Google pixel 4 XL phone

Infected operating system
Android version 10
Infected device
Pixel 4 XL
Infected device issues
I keep receiving emails and being redirected to promotional and suspicious pages and companies especially from NetSpend and rewards.com something to do with $1,000 Walmart gift card
Steps taken to remove the infection
The only thing I know to do at this point is running a safety scan on my phone and it is showing that it is safe

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Please help me know what to do to make sure I'm removing all malware and potentially installed applications that I was not aware I had given permission to install
Hello @Kamkam777,
Are you being redirected to these sites on all sites that you visit or only on specific sites?

What browser are you using?

Reactions: [correlate]

Kamkam777

Thread author
Jan 15, 2020
Hello @Kamkam777,
Are you being redirected to these sites on all sites that you visit or only on specific sites?

What browser are you using?
I'm not sure exactly because I'm not very tech savvy I will have to get back with you this weekend I'm so sorry and I'm so grateful for your help I'm not being redirected to these sites on all sites that I visit just know all this started when I tried to sign up for that thing that's called something like reward one spot or something like that I've looked in my emails for it and now I can't find it

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'm not sure exactly because I'm not very tech savvy I will have to get back with you this weekend I'm so sorry and I'm so grateful for your help I'm not being redirected to these sites on all sites that I visit just know all this started when I tried to sign up for that thing that's called something like reward one spot or something like that I've looked in my emails for it and now I can't find it
I don't think your phone is infected with malware, most likely you're visiting sites that are using a very aggressive advertising tactic (pop-ups and redirects). If you're using Google Chrome the only solution to block these ads (because Chrome doesn't allow to install browser extension) would be AdGuard, however, this is a paid product.
You can install a browser with a built-in ad-blocker like Brave browser (it's a similar browser like Chrome) and check if you're still seeing those ads.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.