Advice Request I Need Help Getting My SD Card Video's To Work Please

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninefifty

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 14, 2018
Hi All,
I am new here but not new to forums generally. I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help.
I have a car camera. Slight possibility my holding gadget is corrupt but I have used it for two years and made periodic check ups to ensure I can play stored recorded videos on it.

It is no longer working.
I have always used Windows Media Player and it worked fine, before that is.
I used to remove the sd card and place it directly into my pc through an adapter to work. It won't work now.
Taken out my car camera and plugged it directly into my pc. No joy.
Tried various other media players such as MPlayer and VLC and DIVX - None work.
Got Windows updated to very latest - no joy.

I am hoping somebody will have a solution.
Heck I also have an old sd card that was in it before I startedchecking it and found that to be corrupt. I can't even reformat that one let alone delete any video's from it.

Hopefully somebody will have the missing antidote I am needing to cure me of a headache.
My last cure is to buy another gadget.
See pictures below.
Car Camera Problems.jpg

SD Card Problem.jpg
Car Camera Problems.jpg
SD Card Problem.jpg

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The thing that I do find a bit odd is that you mention a previous SD Card that was in the adapter and that also seams corrupt and you can't reformat or delete anything from that aswell.

My best guess is :
  1. The USB drive on the PC needs to be updated or simply removed and then the system will automatic re-add the driver after a reboot.
  2. The SD Cards is faulty. I doubt both at the same time but I seen worse things happen.
  3. Check on the SD Card itself if the silder is set to Lock or Unlocked.
  4. Before you want to remove the SD Card always use the Safely Remove Hardware option and eject and wait for the confirmation notice. 9 times out of 10 nothing bad happens if you don't use the option but then it's that 10th time that can corrupt the files. Been there, done that and it's a painful lesson.

Ninefifty

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 14, 2018
Doesn't work.in't no techie but I tried my defragmenter for this.
A
Try CHKDSK first on your memory card and see if it solves your problem.
]

I think I have to take the painful lesson and accept my loss.
The thing that I do find a bit odd is that you mention a previous SD Card that was in the adapter and that also seams corrupt and you can't reformat or delete anything from that aswell.

My best guess is :
  1. The USB drive on the PC needs to be updated or simply removed and then the system will automatic re-add the driver after a reboot.
  2. The SD Cards is faulty. I doubt both at the same time but I seen worse things happen.
  3. Check on the SD Card itself if the silder is set to Lock or Unlocked.
  4. Before you want to remove the SD Card always use the Safely Remove Hardware option and eject and wait for the confirmation notice. 9 times out of 10 nothing bad happens if you don't use the option but then it's that 10th time that can corrupt the files. Been there, done that and it's a painful lesson.

Reactions: Vasudev and upnorth

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Doesn't work.in't no techie but I tried my defragmenter for this.
A

CHKDSK is for checking and fixing errors in the file structure of your SD Card, It's way different from the purpose of a defragmenter.

Reactions: Vasudev and upnorth

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
in't no techie

Hopefully you can or already have understood the importance of Backups and just do those in the future on a CD or a DVD and any similar issue/s won't matter and you don't even have to care about or remember the Safely Remove Hardware option.

Reactions: Vasudev

Ninefifty

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 14, 2018
I found CHDSK but how do I get it to check G Drive?
I ean it but it seemed to only do C drive.

CHKDSK is for checking and fixing errors in the file structure of your SD Card, It's way different from the purpose of a defragmenter.

Reactions: upnorth

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Copy some files to your PC and play them.

If they cannot be played then the files are corrupted. See any file recovery software on the net for recovering of corrupted files

If the files can be played then the SD card is corrupted. Copy out all the files and reformat the SD card, if possible. Otherwise it's high time to change the SD card.

karthic1998

Level 4
Verified
Jan 23, 2017
Copy some files to your PC and play them.

If they cannot be played then the files are corrupted. See any file recovery software on the net for recovering of corrupted files

If the files can be played then the SD card is corrupted. Copy out all the files and reformat the SD card, if possible. Otherwise it's high time to change the SD card.
same as @HarborFront says and play with vlc media player it is never give up for playing videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.