I think I found it ! And it has everything you could want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
Coranti Multi-Engine AntiVirus & AntiSpyware is the world’s only security software product to offer the ‘ultimate protection’ for your PC thanks to its innovative use of four different Anti-Malware scan engines. The software is designed to run on 32-bit and 64-bit windows operating systems as well as server platforms.

Offering the most comprehensive protection and best possible detection and disinfection rates with minimum impact or degradation of your PC’s performance, Coranti ensures total peace of mind and is always ready to counter any virus and spyware threats. Coranti has four scan engines working in parallel and therefore, offers four times the protection. The unique element of Coranti is the degree of system compatibility and overall reliability over the more traditional single core scan engine security software solutions.

Coranti contains two main modules

• Anti-virus – detects and removes all viruses from your computer
  • Anti-spyware – provides comprehensive defense from spyware intrusion.
Coranti uses best-of-breed heuristic analysis and comprehensive Artificial Intelligence methods to enhance the finding of infected files, while minimizing performance degradation.

Key benefits and features

• 4 world-class anti-virus and anti-spyware engines operating concurrently
  • Real-time, on-demand, and scheduled scanning for viruses and spyware, regardless of their source
  • Zero-day attack prevention using comprehensive mix of methodologies and technologies such as sandboxing, emulation, and heuristics from 4 independent anti-malware engines
  • Simple user-friendly interface
  • Wide variety of options and settings to customize Coranti’s performance for better protection against viruses and spyware
  • Email Scanner scans all incoming and outgoing mail for viruses. It is automatically loaded in background mode when you receive or send emails using Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, or The Bat
  • Advanced and highly flexible scheduler to manage scheduled security scans

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
Having more engines is not always better. If done wrongly, multi engine scanners incur performance penalties instead of providing benefits.

When I had a quick look at the Coranti page, they claim to use "Bitdefender, F-Prot, and Lavasoft anti-spyware". However for those in the know, Lavasoft uses the Bitdefender scanning library itself. I don't know what were the people behind Coranti thinking when they included both of them, but using both is a waste of resources.

If you wish to consider multi engine Avs, I would suggest looking at G-Data or Emsisoft. Those are implemented way better.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
On the first look it looks like the product has been discontinued

• Supported platforms: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 operating systems , Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008. (32-bit and 64-bit)
  • Included engines: F-Prot, BitDefender, Lavasoft Anti-Spyware
  • Supported browsers: IE, Firefox, and Opera
  • Supported e-mail clients: Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, The Bat
  • Protection offered: Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware (on-demand/real-time/e-mail)
But at the bottom it says
2017 Coranti Inc.

which leads me to think that the product has stopped it's support for future versions of windows, but signatures are still being updated for it?

In any case, this looks like a nightmare for your RAM, as well as disk usage because of the large amount of signatures it has to go through, don't expect it to be light on any system.

Something I noticed as well is that there is no download or purchase button on the site, it seems that you have to register before you even know the price of the product, which kinda leads me to believe that it's quite pricey.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I see no download or purchase links... I would like to test this one and see how it works :)

*Update*
Searching a little I can find downloads for a version from 2012...

Last edited:

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
Having more engines is not always better. If done wrongly, multi engine scanners incur performance penalties instead of providing benefits.
.[/QUOTE

I understand but if you read their page, they did it rightly....

Reactions: GonzitoVir

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
I love the advanced language used to describe extremely common things

That's an option the schedule a scan. Next-level technology.

No I didn't say that it's from their website.. COPY PASTE to be exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.