I want to test malware. Do I need to spam the forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Hey.
I would like to test malware samples in a safe enivronment (VirualBox) but I can not until I post 100 messages. I think this restriciton is kinda redundant and does not evaluate the real knowledge of the user (100 likes would be more appropriated).
Do I really need to write lots of pointless posts here in MT just to run some malware?

Reactions: Rengar
D

Deleted member 178

Hey.
I would like to test malware samples in a safe environment (VirtualBox) but I can not until I post 100 messages. I think this restriction is kinda redundant and does not evaluate the real knowledge of the user (100 likes would be more appropriated).
Do I really need to write lots of pointless posts here in MT just to run some malware?
If you spam with pointless contents just to get post counts, we will see it and reset the count or even ban you...just post normally without the purpose of getting 100 posts. We set this limit for a good reason, we don't have to explain why however.

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
MalwareTips is a community as well as a forum , and rules are made for the benefit of everyone .
All are free to join but if you don't like the rules it may not be the ideal place for you .

It's your call .

Just my two Dirhams worth :)

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I really like how this forum works, I just dont agree with this restriction.
Anyways I will try to post regularly with helpful comments.
Thanks for your attention

D

Deleted member 178

I really like how this forum works, I just dont agree with this restriction.
It is expected and understandable from your point of view, but you don't have the full picture, so just accept the fact and keep posting hekpful content :)

In MMORPG i don't like leveling, but when i reach the top level , i had a sense of accomplishment ;)

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Each of Umbra's post worth their value of diamonds and contain a small bit of the universe infinite knowledge. so...NO ! :p
Diamonds are cheap
Lab-made diamonds are cheap and indistinguishable from the real thing
You've just officially declared your posts are cheap and replacable.

A small bit but finite part of infinite is zero.
You can just alternatively buy a few bonds.
What now?

Reactions: Rengar and shmu26

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Hey.
I would like to test malware samples in a safe enivronment (VirualBox) but I can not until I post 100 messages. I think this restriciton is kinda redundant and does not evaluate the real knowledge of the user (100 likes would be more appropriated).
It is a requirement not based on knowledge but based on the fact that those who are malware testers secure their own samples and post them to be tested.
Therefore there has to be some kind of requirement to prevent just anyone for taking these samples that they did all the leg work to obtain,check and verify.

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Actually I would suggest Preferred Stocks over Bonds. The interest rate is as good but will not be subject to the amount of depreciation seen by Bonds in a rising rate environment.

(Was that Off-Topic?)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's unrelated to having Knowledge, although it is advised to perform testing of malware in a safe and isolated environment. We would rather have members that KNOW what they are doing rather than them to waltz in, steal the hard work of others, and either get infected or other means, without giving anything back to the Community who have made the Malware Hub what it is today.

A 100 posts takes a lot more than favouritism or begging for 100 likes. This isn't Facebook.

Takeaway:
  1. Malware is dangerous. Period.
  2. As per Forum Guidelines, Spam posts will be removed.
  3. If you cannot respect the rules, then maybe you should not be here.

Thread is now closed, because 100 posts are here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.