I Was Shocked When I Saw This...

Discussion in 'General Apps' started by Rod McCarthy, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Rod McCarthy

Rod McCarthy Guest

2. MisterToto

MisterToto New Member

Aug 31, 2014
    It doesn't mean they are the best only they caught a threat the others did not
  3. SkyJP

SkyJP Guest

Is it actually malware though?

It may just be a false positive, but that's just my opinion, since I'm not seeing anything from Kaspersky/ESET/Bitdefender/Norton on that scan.
    done and Av Gurus like this.
  4. done

done Level 5

Mar 19, 2015
    Agree. I only trust MSE. if MSE said it's a virus then it is a virus. but it does miss a lot
    sometimes virustotal is not up to date meaning that other on real time did cought it but still doesn't show on virustotal
  5. MisterToto

MisterToto New Member

Aug 31, 2014
    MSE has a lot of false positives
    kuttan and done like this.
  6. done

done Level 5

Mar 19, 2015
    yep the lowest on the market almost non
    MisterToto likes this.
  7. jamescv7

jamescv7 Level 61

Mar 15, 2011
    Web and FileMaker Developer
    Windows 10
    Discretion is advised.

Remember that it needs a training eye to determine if that product detect it as malicious or not.

McAfee Artemis is known to be an aggressive heuristic analyze component which also produce false alarm on some cases especially when file prevalent is low or lack of information.
    kuttan likes this.
  • About Us

Our community has been around since 2010, and we pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds about security and technology . We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.
  • Need Malware Removal Help?

If you're being redirected from a site you’re trying to visit, seeing constant pop-up ads, unwanted toolbars or strange search results, your computer may be infected with malware. We offer free malware removal assistance to our members in the Malware Removal Assistance forum.
  • Quick Tip

Without meaning to, you may click a link that installs malware on your computer. To keep your computer safe, only click links and downloads from sites that you trust. Don’t open any unknown file types, or download programs from pop-ups that appear in your browser.