Verified
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
It doesn't mean they are the best only they caught a threat the others did not

S

SkyJP

Thread author
Is it actually malware though?

It may just be a false positive, but that's just my opinion, since I'm not seeing anything from Kaspersky/ESET/Bitdefender/Norton on that scan.

Reactions: done and Av Gurus

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
Is it actually malware though?

It may just be a false positive, but that's just my opinion, since I'm not seeing anything from Kaspersky/ESET/Bitdefender/Norton on that scan.
Agree. I only trust MSE. if MSE said it's a virus then it is a virus. but it does miss a lot
sometimes virustotal is not up to date meaning that other on real time did cought it but still doesn't show on virustotal

MisterToto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Agree. I only trust MSE. if MSE said it's a virus then it is a virus. but it does miss a lot
sometimes virustotal is not up to date meaning that other on real time did cought it but still doesn't show on virustotal
MSE has a lot of false positives

Reactions: Kuttz and done

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Discretion is advised.

Remember that it needs a training eye to determine if that product detect it as malicious or not.

McAfee Artemis is known to be an aggressive heuristic analyze component which also produce false alarm on some cases especially when file prevalent is low or lack of information.

Reactions: Kuttz
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.