I won't be able to post malware for a LONG while/tips for where i should upload my malware samples

Theguywholikesbetas

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
One of my friends destroyed his PC physically by dumping water on it so I lender him my PC for a while so now I have to use my Surface RT and whenever I upload a file to mediafire and/or dropbox they get deleted so any tips or suggestions on where I should put my samples at?

(EDIT) yeah about the no malware samples thing i can still post them but... i won't be able to test out before hand
(NOTE) If I placed this post in the wrong section feel free to move it where needed

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
When you find some sample it's best to put it in some archive format and lock it with password. That way online hosters will not know what's inside of archive.

Webroot

Verified
Jul 16, 2013
I've recently grown accustomed to fileconvoy.com They allow you to attach straight .exe files with no password protection and I use it to send co-workers virus samples regularly.

Reactions: woodrowbone

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.