Troubleshoot Ideapad 310 14ikb not turning on even when the charger is plugged in

Empot

Thread author
Aug 17, 2019
Hi, good day! I am badly in need now. I am not able to turn on my laptop (ideapad 310 14ikb) even though the charger is plugged in. The last time I used my laptop was just a week ago, it works a little fine last week, though it sometimes hangs up, but recovers fast. Last night i tried to open the laptop but it wont turn on, there is a beeping sound though when opening it...( Three or four short continuous beeping sound). I don't know what to do now, i have tried to press the novo button but that does not work too. Please help me, thank you in advance ♡♡♡

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I would take it to a Lenovo Authorized technician anyway. A computer not turning on indicates failure that may range from motherboard malfunction to bios corruption.

Looks like it's Lenovo failing season. I am taking my 320 to the lab today as it s having power problems. The computer gets slow when charging and the charging indicator keeps alternating connected/disconnected status. It works normally on battery though.

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Hi, good day! I am badly in need now. I am not able to turn on my laptop (ideapad 310 14ikb) even though the charger is plugged in. The last time I used my laptop was just a week ago, it works a little fine last week, though it sometimes hangs up, but recovers fast. Last night i tried to open the laptop but it wont turn on, there is a beeping sound though when opening it...( Three or four short continuous beeping sound). I don't know what to do now, i have tried to press the novo button but that does not work too. Please help me, thank you in advance ♡♡♡
I would take it to a Lenovo Authorized technician anyway. A computer not turning on indicates failure that may range from motherboard malfunction to bios corruption.

Looks like it's Lenovo failing season. I am taking my 320 to the lab today as it s having power problems. The computer gets slow when charging and the charging indicator keeps alternating connected/disconnected status. It works normally on battery though.
If RAM is the issue and changing RAM should fix it. Otherwise, I believe its the issue with BIOS corruption especially Intel MEI garbage which was the cause of my sis's ideapad. It takes 10 minutes to boot, everything is damn slow and even SSD and RAM upgrade was not working. Eventually I decided to re-program using SPI flasher ch341a using this site's dump. https://www.laboneinside.com/lenovo-ideapad-u310-bios-bin/
I used ideapad g50-80 bios. After that, it took fraction of second to boot and with SSD win 10 and Ubuntu boots in under 5 Secs.

BTW, I lost my serial number because the dump was made for another g50-80 atleast the PC is working and all license are digital entitlement.
Once its flashed( Disconnect CMOS battery cable or battery itself before reprogramming and verifying BIOS flash.)

Use a version lower than latest version since latest version re-programs MEI region incorrectly. Once its flashed, go to win-raid MEI FW section to download all tools and firmware for your model and upgrade to latest FW, if possible. Its always better to re-initialise MEI chip using intel fpt using cmd
Code:
fptw64 -greset

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.