IE Perform Extremely Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravi Kumar Varshney

Thread author
Dec 1, 2017
There were three KB patched were installed in machine and after that IE - 8 runs very slow

KB4040980 - Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5.1 for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (KB 4040980)
KB4040966 - Description of the Security Only update for the .NET Framework 3.5.1 for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1: September 12, 2017
KB4038779 - This security update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Aforementioned, pretty much every updated security solution offers no support for old versions of software (take as reference Windows XP), now IE8. It's a huge risk to security so i would suggest updating to the lastest available version.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy
D

Deleted member 65228

Internet Explorer is sort-of dead nowadays, and Microsoft have moved on to Microsoft Edge (originally code-named "Spartan" in the very early Windows 10 development). I recommend you switch to Microsoft Edge or Firefox; I don't recommend Google Chrome for privacy reasons.

Microsoft Edge also has its own AppContainer usage (built-in to Windows 10) for enhanced mitigations against attacks to its processes, thus further protecting you from some variants of banking malware (Zeus will be mitigated for example - it just won't be able to inject code to install its form-grabber). Firefox isn't very good in this aspect compared to Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome though - Google Chrome are 2nd place for this, Microsoft Edge being first place. -> from personal testing, because I managed to find a bypass for the Google Chrome AppContainer for normal DLL injection without it being aware.

Opera is allegedly quite good but they've had some suspicious banking government website connections lately, and I didn't like some things I found during investigation with hard-coded URLs to services like Conduit and MyStart (with zero explanation or information online for their documentation), so I'd personally avoid that web-browser as well. They were recently bought by a Chinese company for a lot of money, so I expect it to be a data collection and data selling service now.

Yandex is well liked by a few members here like @Sunshine-boy and @ForgottenSeer 58943 (I think?) and it appears to have some form of Host Intrusion Prevention System, aimed at protecting its web-browser. Therefore, protecting its processes from external third-party source attacks, also beneficial for preventing banking malware and similar. However, I've not had a chance to test it out because I could never get it running for me, nor do I know much about them/their privacy guidelines.

I'd say using Internet Explorer is a security risk and a bad decision, but each to their own. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.