motox781

Level 7
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Norton
Which brand do you use and why?

I had a Samsung Galaxy S8. Broke it and decided to switch to LG (LG G6). Love it so far compared to Samsung.

***If you have a phone that is not in the poll, sorry. The poll wouldn't allow me to add more.***

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 17
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Panda
I've got a Meizu M2, which I've recently upgrade to Android 7.1, using custom firmware. I bought it,, because it was very cheap, had decent specs for the price and Meizu is a quality brand.

I paid just $130 for it, three years ago. With custom firmware, it is running much faster now, than when I bought it.

One day, I'll replace it with something with better specs and battery life. But, for now, it works fine for everything I use it for and for the most part, I can't fault the quality, despite the cheap price.

roger_m

Level 17
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Panda
Really surprised to see that Samsung is doing really well, even though I am using the OnePlus 6 and I get confuse why people might want to pay like 999$ for a phone when they can get a cheaper and maybe better one.
Most people don't buy phones outright, but go on a contract with monthly payments. If not for that, the sales of flagship phones would be much less.

ttto

Level 7
Verified
OS
MacOS High Sierra
Antivirus
Norton
Really surprised to see that Samsung is doing really well, even though I am using the OnePlus 6 and I get confuse why people might want to pay like 999$ for a phone when they can get a cheaper and maybe better one.
In my opinion, I think prizes of Samsung phones go down very quickly. In my case, Last year I wanted to renew my old phone for a new flagship, but I didnt want to pay 999$ for it, so I looked for the Mi Mix 2 or oneplus 5T which have a relatively lower price than other flagships (samsung, HTC...etc), but for Black friday I found the S8 at the same price as the 5T, and I decided to go for the Samsung.

askalan

Level 12
AV-Tester
Verified
OS
Arch Linux
Antivirus
Isolation