Advice Request If you own an Android phone, which brand?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which Android phone brand do you own?

• Google (Pixel, Nexus)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Huawei

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • LG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samsung

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sony

• Motorola

• OnePlus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xiaomi

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other Android-brand

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Pssshh...Apple (iPhone)

• Total voters

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Which brand do you use and why?

I had a Samsung Galaxy S8. Broke it and decided to switch to LG (LG G6). Love it so far compared to Samsung.

***If you have a phone that is not in the poll, sorry. The poll wouldn't allow me to add more.***

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I've got a Meizu M2, which I've recently upgrade to Android 7.1, using custom firmware. I bought it,, because it was very cheap, had decent specs for the price and Meizu is a quality brand.

I paid just $130 for it, three years ago. With custom firmware, it is running much faster now, than when I bought it.

One day, I'll replace it with something with better specs and battery life. But, for now, it works fine for everything I use it for and for the most part, I can't fault the quality, despite the cheap price.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Really surprised to see that Samsung is doing really well, even though I am using the OnePlus 6 and I get confuse why people might want to pay like 999$ for a phone when they can get a cheaper and maybe better one.
Most people don't buy phones outright, but go on a contract with monthly payments. If not for that, the sales of flagship phones would be much less.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Really surprised to see that Samsung is doing really well, even though I am using the OnePlus 6 and I get confuse why people might want to pay like 999$ for a phone when they can get a cheaper and maybe better one.
In my opinion, I think prizes of Samsung phones go down very quickly. In my case, Last year I wanted to renew my old phone for a new flagship, but I didnt want to pay 999$ for it, so I looked for the Mi Mix 2 or oneplus 5T which have a relatively lower price than other flagships (samsung, HTC...etc), but for Black friday I found the S8 at the same price as the 5T, and I decided to go for the Samsung.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.