I'm locked out of my computer

Manike

Thread author
Jul 19, 2017
Hey,

I was following your guide on how to delete "Ads by VidSquare"

There was a step telling me to download "AdwCleaner" so I downloaded it and scanned my computer with AdwCleaner. After the scan the program asked me to restart my computer. I did it and then after the restart I was gonna log in to my computer. But then I realized my internet was fully shut off, and at the log-in screen it said "Other user" I was very confused. So I tried logging in with my account but it wouldn't let me. After approximately 1 minute the computer restarted. Then instead of "Other user" I got my account log-in. I tried logging in but it wouldn't let me and it didn't tell me if it was wrong password or anything like that. I was totally rejected. It was continuesly restarting over and over again. I don't know what to do. I'm pretty much locked out of my computer

I'm using Windows 10

Please help.

Reactions: shmu26

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.