41 - 50
Fav. Web Browser
Mozilla Firefox
Fav. Desktop OS
Windows
Fav. Antivirus
Trend Micro Internet Security
Fav. Videogame
Football--Patriots fan! If you mean electronic game, last one I played was PacMan!

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
I'm making progress. It looks like most, not all, of the problems have been cleaned up. I'm continuing to work on it with help from Argus. I intend to hang around MT for a while, but I do have to say that the experience with Argus has been unnecessarily frustrating. Perhaps in time I will get a new perspective on the last 4 days (yes four friggin days!) working with Argus--most of it wait-time, waiting for him to explain or give instructions to go with his previous response. That's ridiculous.

I don't know what his problem is but it's pretty intolerable. E.g., in our last exchange I told him I was getting a message about "proxy server" not connecting; and his response was a link called "Report" which when clicked asks for some report. I have no clue what report he means. It would have taken him a sentence or two to tell me that. I'm now waiting. Could be hours (or minutes) before he responds, and his response has a 50/50 chance of being equally unintelligible.

I believe that Argus is on some kind of a power trip, and he spoils the whole idea of using this site for me. I will never work with him again. I'm going to make a report on him (assuming I can figure out how to do that!), but I'm sure he's such an established character that no one in the oligarchy cares if he tortures beginners! I don't know if it's possible to request someone else's help in the future, but I'll try. Otherwise I'm outta here.

I'm hanging around a while because of people like you responding with encouragement. I really appreciate that. Tell me how to send you points or trophy or whatever. And tell me how I can benefit from MT--e.g. how to use it to MAINTAIN a clean machine and AVOID future maleware problems. That would be very helpful.

Reactions: tonibalas

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
Welcome to MT and we are glad to have you on this great forum:)
Thanks for the support. I just sent a lengthy reply to someone in this thread about my experience. I'd appreciate your feedback, tips, coaching, etc. (I'm assuming you can read it. If not, let me know.)

Reactions: tonibalas

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
Hello @Ed_M1 , and welcome from one member to another.;) Having once found my very self in the very place you find yourself now (having had received assistance for a very frustrating problem on my system over a year ago) my hope is that you can take comfort from the fact that your difficulties will soon be able to be logged into the past.:) Please, be understanding & realize Argus provides all malware removal help to you voluntarily. Allow him a bit of understanding, and by working together your system will surely emerge better than when you arrived.:cool: We hope you'll stay on, & continue to be active with us, learning to practice ways in which you'll be better able to prevent infections like these in the future. Good luck, and may your road rise to meet you!:)

You predicted that I'd have success, and I have--maybe 95-98%. Still waiting for further reply from Argus about a couple more bugs. Thanks

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
Go to the next page:
http://malwaretips.com/threads/cant-remove-obrona.41577/page-2

oElGX.jpg

Kram7750, you were the first to respond & encourage me to NOT quit. I really needed that!

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Thanks to you, too, Tallorder. (I'm seeing now that all of you who responded to this thread can see my thanks-you's and my long reply.)
Any further thoughts? (& How do I do the points/trophy thing?)
I, personally, don't concern myself with the points/trophy thing. It isn't why I am here. I need to learn, I need to be alerted to vulnerabilities that are new, I need to harden a system, be less likely to need to remove a virus or malware or current day problems.

I love to just keep up with the masters here: reading their news posts, their warnings, what's hitting today that isn't good... they do a fabulous job at tracking these things!! I have learned that nothing will actually keep one 'safe' while on the internet, so you or I could have something to be removed/repaired at any time... :( (sometimes while we are communicating from a different computer):confused:. To me, a 'point' or a 'like' or a 'trophy' secondary, but makes the learning process fun..., keeps the interaction 'light and positive' in nature! MT, I think, is set up just right. Love it and more, respect it and those here...:)

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
I'm making progress. It looks like most, not all, of the problems have been cleaned up. I'm continuing to work on it with help from Argus. I intend to hang around MT for a while, but I do have to say that the experience with Argus has been unnecessarily frustrating. Perhaps in time I will get a new perspective on the last 4 days (yes four friggin days!) working with Argus--most of it wait-time, waiting for him to explain or give instructions to go with his previous response. That's ridiculous.

I don't know what his problem is but it's pretty intolerable. E.g., in our last exchange I told him I was getting a message about "proxy server" not connecting; and his response was a link called "Report" which when clicked asks for some report. I have no clue what report he means. It would have taken him a sentence or two to tell me that. I'm now waiting. Could be hours (or minutes) before he responds, and his response has a 50/50 chance of being equally unintelligible.

I believe that Argus is on some kind of a power trip, and he spoils the whole idea of using this site for me. I will never work with him again. I'm going to make a report on him (assuming I can figure out how to do that!), but I'm sure he's such an established character that no one in the oligarchy cares if he tortures beginners! I don't know if it's possible to request someone else's help in the future, but I'll try. Otherwise I'm outta here.

I'm hanging around a while because of people like you responding with encouragement. I really appreciate that. Tell me how to send you points or trophy or whatever. And tell me how I can benefit from MT--e.g. how to use it to MAINTAIN a clean machine and AVOID future maleware problems. That would be very helpful.
I can understand frustration, we all experience it, but it seems it is worse when one has baby steps to go through. I went to 'Speedtest' the other day, to test my upload download and ping results for my machine, and tested and got results. Then, I didn't know how to get the picture of those results, which REALLY really aggrevated me!! Everybody else had put up a nice pic of their results... I tried everything I could think of for 2 hours, and no go... I finally just copied the stats and put them up in text. Don't blame Argus for your lack of knowledge and ability or know-how! Gee whiz... he's just a person like all of us, who is trying to help you with a problem you have, that wasn't his fault, and he works just to help folks like us that get hit by something- in his spare time... Kinda like a volunteer doctor.. (I'd be more than happy to take him out to steak dinner if I needed his help!!):p

I hope I never need the 'professional' type of help on my computer, but if I do, I know who I will spend my time emailing/communicating with: it's OK for me to say, even over and over: "I don't understand", help!, explain what you mean, huh?, and not feel intimidated or embarrassed.

I have been up all night 4-5 days/week, for 2 wks. communication with friends here, working on getting this old machine to perform at its best it is capable of, then managed my 'day job'. Just keep hitting it!:rolleyes:

I go through reading everything I can possible absorb, in answer to your question of "how do I stay out of messing up my machine again", and then I go look at other sites that I see the 'wizards' around here using or recommending, , like MajorGeeks, http://www.majorgeeks.com/

MT is very helpful, but I have to read the pages... and try to figure out my best path still :)

..(In answer to) "And tell me how I can benefit from MT--e.g. how to use it to MAINTAIN a clean machine and AVOID future malware problems. That would be very helpful."

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
I, personally, don't concern myself with the points/trophy thing. It isn't why I am here. I need to learn, I need to be alerted to vulnerabilities that are new, I need to harden a system, be less likely to need to remove a virus or malware or current day problems.

I love to just keep up with the masters here: reading their news posts, their warnings, what's hitting today that isn't good... they do a fabulous job at tracking these things!! I have learned that nothing will actually keep one 'safe' while on the internet, so you or I could have something to be removed/repaired at any time... :( (sometimes while we are communicating from a different computer):confused:. To me, a 'point' or a 'like' or a 'trophy' secondary, but makes the learning process fun..., keeps the interaction 'light and positive' in nature! MT, I think, is set up just right. Love it and more, respect it and those here...:)
Good attitude! Thanks

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
I can understand frustration, we all experience it, but it seems it is worse when one has baby steps to go through. I went to 'Speedtest' the other day, to test my upload download and ping results for my machine, and tested and got results. Then, I didn't know how to get the picture of those results, which REALLY really aggrevated me!! Everybody else had put up a nice pic of their results... I tried everything I could think of for 2 hours, and no go... I finally just copied the stats and put them up in text. Don't blame Argus for your lack of knowledge and ability or know-how! Gee whiz... he's just a person like all of us, who is trying to help you with a problem you have, that wasn't his fault, and he works just to help folks like us that get hit by something- in his spare time... Kinda like a volunteer doctor.. (I'd be more than happy to take him out to steak dinner if I needed his help!!):p

I hope I never need the 'professional' type of help on my computer, but if I do, I know who I will spend my time emailing/communicating with: it's OK for me to say, even over and over: "I don't understand", help!, explain what you mean, huh?, and not feel intimidated or embarrassed.

I have been up all night 4-5 days/week, for 2 wks. communication with friends here, working on getting this old machine to perform at its best it is capable of, then managed my 'day job'. Just keep hitting it!:rolleyes:

I go through reading everything I can possible absorb, in answer to your question of "how do I stay out of messing up my machine again", and then I go look at other sites that I see the 'wizards' around here using or recommending, , like MajorGeeks, http://www.majorgeeks.com/

MT is very helpful, but I have to read the pages... and try to figure out my best path still :)

..(In answer to) "And tell me how I can benefit from MT--e.g. how to use it to MAINTAIN a clean machine and AVOID future malware problems. That would be very helpful."
I have to admit I've been a little hard on him, but I'm really convinced that he could do a little better with instructions. Yes, my lack of knowledge was a factor, and caused questions he'd just as soon not have to deal with, but to NOT answer them? I'll hang around. I'll tone down my ranting. I'll learn something. God knows we all need to learn. (& God knows we ALL need to be able to protect our machines!)

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
Thanks to community support I sucked it up and persisted. (I almost--ALMOST--gave up and went to a shop which would have charged me a base fee of $97.50 for starters!) It looks like my problems--at least the worst of them--are solved. I'll be hanging around to learn more.

I'm wondering, are there any Mac Users hanging around on this site? Or is it true what they say about macs not having all these problems?

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
After I went and got a piece of toast, and a cup of coffee, this song hit my head...(LOL)... 'Keep on the Sunny Side...Always on the Sunny side', and I started giggling. I could just see me in your spot, (and been there, too), with a computer that QUIT, :(, with instructions I couldn't grasp and/or understand:confused:, with anxiety and anger at that blasted machine AND the predicament I did to myself- let myself get into:eek:, and all I could think about was this little icon::mad:!!! Then, $$$$ probably came into the factor... ("a base fee of $97.50 for starters!"), and I wished MT had a tears icon on here!
thumb_smiley_crying.png
Hope you properly said 'ThankYou's' to Argus!! :D

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
After I went and got a piece of toast, and a cup of coffee, this song hit my head...(LOL)... 'Keep on the Sunny Side...Always on the Sunny side', and I started giggling. I could just see me in your spot, (and been there, too), with a computer that QUIT, :(, with instructions I couldn't grasp and/or understand:confused:, with anxiety and anger at that blasted machine AND the predicament I did to myself- let myself get into:eek:, and all I could think about was this little icon::mad:!!! Then, $$$$ probably came into the factor... ("a base fee of $97.50 for starters!"), and I wished MT had a tears icon on here!
thumb_smiley_crying.png
Hope you properly said 'ThankYou's' to Argus!! :D

[Grumble, grumble, mutter, harumph, etc.] Not sure I'm willing to actually say thanks to Argus yet. Maybe your sunny attitude will take root and help me move past that. :rolleyes:

Reactions: tallorder

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
[Grumble, grumble, mutter, harumph, etc.] Not sure I'm willing to actually say thanks to Argus yet. Maybe your sunny attitude will take root and help me move past that. :rolleyes:

Oh, I just realized (I think) what song you were hearing..."Always look on the sunny side of life..." written for and sung by Jack Nicholas in the movie "As Good As It Gets". Loved that movie, and the song! I sounds like a song from the (what?) 40's, but it was newly written for the movie.

Reactions: tallorder

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
HaHaHaHaHa... Is it hard to thank the doctor that saved your leg if he had to cut off your toe? Now be a good boy-- Thank You for working with me.... :D LOL.!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.