Viking

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Just wondering if there are any free software image backup tools (or reflectively inexpensive) out there that anyone recommends so I can use to backup my pc including my O/S?

I know that is rather expensive (but what price is too high for peace of mind), but I saw on youtube that CLICKFREE C6 is a very easy hard disc backup to use, but its costs about $100. Has anyone got one, if so, what are the pros and cons?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Win 7 64bit

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Directly from the MT Tips Section :

Back up all of your data
Because your information could be lost or compromised , make regular backups of your data so that you still have clean, complete copies .
The safest practice is not to backup any executable files (*.exe), screensavers (*.scr), autorun (.ini) or script files (.php, .asp, .htm, .html, .xml ) files because they may be infected by malware. Avoid backing up compressed files (.zip, .cab, .rar) that have executables inside them as some types of malware can penetrate compressed files and infect the .exe files within them.
Determining how often to back up your data is a personal decision. If you are constantly adding or changing data, you may find weekly backups to be the best alternative; if your content rarely changes, you may decide that your backups do not need to be as frequent. You don't need to back up software that you own on CD-ROM or DVD-ROM—you can reinstall the software from the original media if necessary.

We recommend that you use free special software to back-up your data :

I'm using EaseUS Todo Backup, and I really like it, it has a lot of features and best of all it's free.

Viking

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions Jack, I'm tossing up between EaseUp & Paragon.
Thanks for the tips as well. Cheers!

Viking

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I was leaning towards Paragon, so Paragon, it is, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.