Product name
Immunet Protect Free 3.1.13.9666
Pros
  • -free and cloud based
    -multilanguage
    -compatible with other security products
    -fairly light on system, about 47 MB RAM
    -monitor program install, start and blocking mode
    -ETHOS (heuristic cloud engine) and SPERO (community data cloud engine)
    -exclusion security files list
    -scheduled scan and gaming mode
    -ClamAV available, good but not very effective
    -detailed file history
    -high detection rate and reactive real time protection
CONS
-offline protection, rootkit scan, email scan and complex threats detection (TETRA Bitdefender engine) only available in Plus version
-user interface outdated with ADS and messy in my opinion
-last updated version on August 7, 2014 (from Softpedia)
-official specifications: Windows XP/Vista/7 (32-64bit) ----
-community data sharing sends information about files but in the previous version it was an entry called "telemetry" now removed, some doubts about the information sent.
BOTTOM LINE
Immunet provides cloud-based protection that is always up-to-date against viruses, spyware, bots, worms, trojans, and keyloggers without slowing down your PC. No need to download any virus signatures.
Companion Antivirus: Immunet is compatible with existing antivirus products to help protect you better. Add an extra, lightweight layer of protection for free.
L

LabZero

Thread author
The main purpose of this review is generally to test the level of this product, I am not focused on malware detection because it is very good (source: HUB and my previous tests).
I used only three recent malware and real time protection is very reactive and the context scan has detected all malware.
In other situations, Immunet worked very well protecting the system and we must remember that this product can work with other antivirus, improving the system safety level.
Some limitations compared to the Plus version, for example the BitDefender engine but it is noticeable the quality of this antimalware.

Some screenshots

Cattura.PNG

Cattura2.PNG

Cattura3.PNG

Cattura4.PNG

Cattura5.PNG

Cattura6.PNG

Detection

Cattura8.PNG

Cattura7.PNG

Cattura9.PNG

Thanks for reading:)

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Thanks for the review :) I like Immunet's performance a lot, but not their UI. It seems like (for me) that they stuck at Win 98 era. :(

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well in such way, Immunet development is still active but not usually we should expect as protection capabilities needs totally a maintenance revision checks.

Anyway good review for that. :)

Reactions: LabZero

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.