Immunet Protect Free: Light but aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
The program may be downloaded from this URL.
Picture%206.jpg

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Nice review elliotcroft but you missed on a few details that Immunet now uses the ClamAV engine.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I would agree that Immunet Protect Free doesn't have the best detection thus having a companion AV can helped to protect. If it comes to PRO the detection rate will slight difference since it was using bitdefender engine (as far I know).

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I only tested Immunet for about a week before its false positives did me in. :(

That and the fact that it seems like I was disconnected more than I was connected. Not a comforting thought for a cloud AV. :rolleyes: And it was nothing to do with my internet connection...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
One of the computers at TAFE has this and it was funny I threw a few URLs at it and only picked up 1. So I would say it is on of the antivitus that I would not recommend to people.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Never tried Immunet,not even in VM.. but I might do it very soon.
Do you think the Free Version is capable of defending a system on it's own or it needs another antivirus engine?
This is what the Pro version can do (among others) ..and the Free one can't (See - http://www.immunet.com/plus/compare/index.html ) :
  • Advanced Offline Protection when not connected to the Immunet Cloud
  • Advanced Detection and Removal of rootkits, spyware, adware, OS exploits, cookies, scripts, and viruses found on USB keys
So the free version doesn't have a offline database for the av?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The offline database was referring to Bitdefender Engine (Pro), however as far as I know the free version comes with Clam AV engine which can help with the Immunet too.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
HeffeD said:
I only tested Immunet for about a week before its false positives did me in. :(

That and the fact that it seems like I was disconnected more than I was connected. Not a comforting thought for a cloud AV. :rolleyes: And it was nothing to do with my internet connection...

The same applies to myself.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

I used it for long time, i can say 2 major things:

1- the "network" feature is a gadget, it is more a disguised and smart way to make you promote the product to your friends.
2- it is not light, it is bloated for a cloud AV, it had more than 15sec to my boot time, and slow down the launch of some application by 2-5 sec. in comparison when i used Prevx (after immunet) or WRSA (now) i can see the difference.

immunet is not bad but it can be perfected strongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.