Assigned Importance of engaging with users through social media

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

Miss Onnellisuus

From Zemana
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Dec 12, 2018
Hello Guys,

As you probably know by now, our company Zemana went trough some bad period. But what made us keep the positive attitude is all of you who kept giving us support on our social media accounts.

Even though we faced some bad comments we also received a lot of kind words that helped us a lot to rise again.

In 2019 we want to thank our users and be better versions of ourselves,and we want to improve our communication even more. Even the presence here on Malwertips is one of the steps we took in achieving this goal.

But the reason I started this thread is to ask you guys what do you think how much presence on social media for one security software is important?

For example we are currently present on Facebook- where we post notifications and updates about our company and products.We also announce different contests and giveaways. Twitter- Where we post latest news and updates. And Instagram- Where we post inside stories and photos of our team members. ( It would be really interesting if you could check up our profiles and tell us if there is anything we should improve or change)

Do you think we should be present somewhere else too? If yes please feel free to advise us? We are trying to be really open and give more access to our company to everybody who wants to see what goes on here at Zemana.

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
This - coming to us for advice, is the best and most honest thing a company can do, so thumbs up!

My point of view:
  • Facebook is dead. Have your page but do not rely on it as a great communication tool.
  • Instagram is... not the social network you may be looking for? But great idea on the behind the scenes!
What you should be aiming at to be "present with users":
  • Accesible, efficient and quick support, the key to a good user database. Back in the day, Emsisoft was the thing here. Although it wasn't the toughest around, two main points made them so popular here (that even a staff here started working with them): low impact, extremely quick support (i'm talking no more than 1 hour support answer).
Extra ideas:
  • Telegram, it has channels you can create, where users cannot talk, but you admin can drop messages. It is often used to spread news, links, articles, etc. Great tool to create a channel/group where to drop your news and updates.
  • I saw somebody up there mentioning Discord, which could definitely be some innovative way of support. Thinking of a bot for Discord or Telegram where I can create a support ticket and the bot will send the ticket to you guys. As well, some Skype/Discord support chat for easy issues.

Miss Onnellisuus

From Zemana
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Dec 12, 2018
This - coming to us for advice, is the best and most honest thing a company can do, so thumbs up!

My point of view:
  • Facebook is dead. Have your page but do not rely on it as a great communication tool.
  • Instagram is... not the social network you may be looking for? But great idea on the behind the scenes!
What you should be aiming at to be "present with users":
  • Accesible, efficient and quick support, the key to a good user database. Back in the day, Emsisoft was the thing here. Although it wasn't the toughest around, two main points made them so popular here (that even a staff here started working with them): low impact, extremely quick support (i'm talking no more than 1 hour support answer).
Extra ideas:
  • Telegram, it has channels you can create, where users cannot talk, but you admin can drop messages. It is often used to spread news, links, articles, etc. Great tool to create a channel/group where to drop your news and updates.
  • I saw somebody up there mentioning Discord, which could definitely be some innovative way of support. Thinking of a bot for Discord or Telegram where I can create a support ticket and the bot will send the ticket to you guys. As well, some Skype/Discord support chat for easy issues.
Thank you @RoboMan for the ideas. We will do some research about Discord and Telegram and maybe create an account there too.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
I think social medias are a very good method to share news, information and updates. I really like Zemana Twitter page, but also Instagram. I also think Telegram could be a good way to inform users quickly and easily about news, updates, changelogs, etc. About Facebook yes it is becoming less used, Instagram and Twitter instead are very used nowadays.

@Miss Onnellisuus @ZAM3_PO hey guys, I saw a new video was uploaded on Zemana YouTube Channel, that is very important in my opinion because on YouTube can be uploaded new features, updates, tests, etc. and that's fantastic! :) also on YouTube a user can click on the bell and receive a notification when a new video is uploaded (y)

jackwilli

Level 3
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
Thank you for showing up on Malware Tips, and please continue to. I don't use Twitter and Instagram, and I seldom use Facebook because when I do it feels like a big waste of time.
Same thing with me but i don't have a facebook account. MalwareTips is only platform for me to contact. Social media is great platform for advertising but if any company wants to win its costumers' heart, only way is to strengthen support for users. Agree with Roboman.

Miss Onnellisuus

From Zemana
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Dec 12, 2018
I think social medias are a very good method to share news, information and updates. I really like Zemana Twitter page, but also Instagram. I also think Telegram could be a good way to inform users quickly and easily about news, updates, changelogs, etc. About Facebook yes it is becoming less used, Instagram and Twitter instead are very used nowadays.

@Miss Onnellisuus @ZAM3_PO hey guys, I saw a new video was uploaded on Zemana YouTube Channel, that is very important in my opinion because on YouTube can be uploaded new features, updates, tests, etc. and that's fantastic! :) also on YouTube a user can click on the bell and receive a notification when a new video is uploaded (y)

Thank you @JM Safe for the feedback. We will definitely try to be more active on our youtube chanel where we will put different video tutorials and maybe how to remove guides. :D

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
YouTube is very strong now obviously, but this may change due to their yielding to the temptation of serving themselves rather than users by imposing capricious political censorship. Therefore it would be wise to have a twin account at Vimeo and whatever other alternative video platforms emerge.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
In a marketing campaign, anything goes, but I think that what prevails is the product, and some who understand what this is about may advise, whether it is profitable to install a certain program or not.
Thank you for the effort to keep making Zemana great.(y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.