System recovery
Windows built-in

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Probably if You already applied SysHardener tweaks + Avast Free well tweaked, You don't need OSArmor...

I would recommend better for Image System Backups, Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Bakcuppper.

A PassWord Manager would be also welcome, and in Web Privacy, You may consider to add a VPN Service.

Thanks for sharing :giggle:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
hi, I found that OSArmor is not compatible with avast because when test it, OSArmor didn't block anything

after 2 hours of normal usage, OSA suddenly started working again
I don't know what the reason is

syshardener with avast should be enough

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Hi, thanks for your feedback :)
About OSArmor, I have it working with Avast without any exclusion, but OSArmor is very quiet.
To get a popup I have, for exemple, to launch powershell with administrative rights; like that I get a popup from OSArmor saying it blocked powershell execution

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
The important things first:
- Set UAC to Always Notify
- With Avast you may not need OSArmor
- Avast w/ Hardened Mode set to aggressive with Syshardener @Evjl's Rain settings should be sufficient

Chrome Extensions:
- Cookie AutoDelete (self explanatory)
- Netcraft (further PUP & XSS browser protection)
- Scriptsafe (very good for stopping script, unwanted content & more, sites can be whitelisted too)
- Privacy Possum & Decentraleyes (privacy focused extensions that work well alongside uBlock Origin)

Change default search engine to DuckDuckGo or Startpage.

Could also add a VPN like Windscribe Free to your setup too.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
@LDogg Depends are you fanatic against google, and block most google domains with scriptsafe , i cant get decentraleyes activate at all ( only saw this during scriptsafe using default block option)

If you run scriptsafe default allow, decentraleyes will be working maybe, i have to test this soon

If you use scriptsafe default allow, it wont break sites but works well together with ublock origin and blocks unwanted content away, also easier to block domains with scriptsafe than with ublock ( advanced user; medium mode(?)

Reactions: oldschool

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
@LDogg Depends are you fanatic against google, and block most google domains with scriptsafe , i cant get decentraleyes activate at all ( only saw this during scriptsafe using default block option)

If you run scriptsafe default allow, decentraleyes will be working maybe, i have to test this soon

If you use scriptsafe default allow, it wont break sites but works well together with ublock origin and blocks unwanted content away, also easier to block domains with scriptsafe than with ublock ( advanced user; medium mode(?)

Nope I just dislike how Google conducts it's business as a search engine. Which is why I give advice for alternatives.

I believe you could be right for Decentraleyes.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
@LDogg I know, i didnt meant that. I was about to say decentraleyes will be useless with scriptsafe if youre gonna block google domains anyways. ( scriptsafe ; default mode: block)

If you dont care about google, you can run scriptsafe ' default mode: allow' wich wont block google domains...and this is where decantraleyes gonna work because google domains are enabled.

Reactions: oldschool

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Update 05/08/2018
Replaced Avast with Kaspersky Free: lighter
Replaced Sphinx-soft W10FC with Binisoft WFC: more configurable

Last edited:

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Update 06/08/2018
KFA didn't update signatures for the whole day, the same bug I found some time ago... so, I removed it
Now I'm trying this light config:
  • Cisco Immunet (ETHOS and SPERO cloud engines only)
  • Heilig Defense RansomOff
  • NoVirusThanks OSArmor

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Are you using advanced or simple mode on heilig?

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
if it where me , I would turn UAC up to max and put my trust in aomei backupper free , or preferably macrium reflect free. thanks for sharing your config with us :)
I've been hating UAC since its debut on Vista. I tried to use it at default for a while, but I can't get used of it popping up every time I run O&O ShutUp 10 or WPD...
About backups, I make one every month on an external HD by using the default SW (Win7-like)

Reactions: FrFc1908

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.