64-bit OS
Security Updates
Automatic Updates - All security and feature updates
User Access Control
Never Notify
Device Firewall
Windows Firewall - Network security provided by Microsoft
Device Security
Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
User Account
Administrator - User has complete control over the device
Recent Security Incidents
No malware or privacy issues
Malware Testing
None - No Malware on host PC or VM
Real-time Web & Malware Protection
AV: Windows Defender (tweaked by ConfigureDefender)
FW: Binisoft WFC
BB: NVT OSArmor
Misc: NVT SysHardener
Security Protection settings
Custom - Major changes for Increased Security
Virus and Malware Removal Tools
Zemana Anti-Malware
HitmanPro
AdwCleaner
Browsers and Extensions
Firefox portable
ublock origin
F.B. Purity
Cookie AutoDelete
Google translator for Firefox
Web Privacy
CleanBrowsing DNS (Security Filter)
Windows Privacy Dashboard
O&O shutup10
Password Management
None
Default Web Search
Google
System Utilities collection
geek uninstaller
Vit Registry Fix
Dism++
RAPR
Data Backup
Windows built-in
Frequency of Data backups
Monthly
System Backup
Windows built-in
Frequency of System backups
Regularly

harlan4096

MalwareTips Staff
AV-Tester
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Probably if You already applied SysHardener tweaks + Avast Free well tweaked, You don't need OSArmor...

I would recommend better for Image System Backups, Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Bakcuppper.

A PassWord Manager would be also welcome, and in Web Privacy, You may consider to add a VPN Service.

Thanks for sharing :giggle:

Evjl's Rain

Level 38
Content Creator
AV-Tester
Verified
OS
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Avast
hi, I found that OSArmor is not compatible with avast because when test it, OSArmor didn't block anything

after 2 hours of normal usage, OSA suddenly started working again
I don't know what the reason is

syshardener with avast should be enough

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Avast
Hi, thanks for your feedback :)
About OSArmor, I have it working with Avast without any exclusion, but OSArmor is very quiet.
To get a popup I have, for exemple, to launch powershell with administrative rights; like that I get a popup from OSArmor saying it blocked powershell execution

LDogg

Level 17
Verified
The important things first:
- Set UAC to Always Notify
- With Avast you may not need OSArmor
- Avast w/ Hardened Mode set to aggressive with Syshardener @Evjl's Rain settings should be sufficient

Chrome Extensions:
- Cookie AutoDelete (self explanatory)
- Netcraft (further PUP & XSS browser protection)
- Scriptsafe (very good for stopping script, unwanted content & more, sites can be whitelisted too)
- Privacy Possum & Decentraleyes (privacy focused extensions that work well alongside uBlock Origin)

Change default search engine to DuckDuckGo or Startpage.

Could also add a VPN like Windscribe Free to your setup too.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 17
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
@LDogg Depends are you fanatic against google, and block most google domains with scriptsafe , i cant get decentraleyes activate at all ( only saw this during scriptsafe using default block option)

If you run scriptsafe default allow, decentraleyes will be working maybe, i have to test this soon

If you use scriptsafe default allow, it wont break sites but works well together with ublock origin and blocks unwanted content away, also easier to block domains with scriptsafe than with ublock ( advanced user; medium mode(?)

LDogg

Level 17
Verified
@LDogg Depends are you fanatic against google, and block most google domains with scriptsafe , i cant get decentraleyes activate at all ( only saw this during scriptsafe using default block option)

If you run scriptsafe default allow, decentraleyes will be working maybe, i have to test this soon

If you use scriptsafe default allow, it wont break sites but works well together with ublock origin and blocks unwanted content away, also easier to block domains with scriptsafe than with ublock ( advanced user; medium mode(?)
Nope I just dislike how Google conducts it's business as a search engine. Which is why I give advice for alternatives.

I believe you could be right for Decentraleyes.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 17
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
@LDogg I know, i didnt meant that. I was about to say decentraleyes will be useless with scriptsafe if youre gonna block google domains anyways. ( scriptsafe ; default mode: block)

If you dont care about google, you can run scriptsafe ' default mode: allow' wich wont block google domains...and this is where decantraleyes gonna work because google domains are enabled.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Avast
if it where me , I would turn UAC up to max and put my trust in aomei backupper free , or preferably macrium reflect free. thanks for sharing your config with us :)
I've been hating UAC since its debut on Vista. I tried to use it at default for a while, but I can't get used of it popping up every time I run O&O ShutUp 10 or WPD...
About backups, I make one every month on an external HD by using the default SW (Win7-like)