SpyShelter Firewall 3.0 Review
Pros
  • 1. Nice and Easy for Non-Experienced Users

2. Light on Ram

3. Perfect 340/340 on CLT

4. Ok job on blocking executed malware files
CONS
1. Paid Product

2. Blocked Ad Aware and Slim Cleaner (I had to disable spyshelter in order to install them)
BOTTOM LINE
According to my video, SpyShelter Firewall 3.0 did a OK job. The part that bothers me the most is that it wanted to block Ad Aware and Slim Cleaner. The great thing about SpyShelter Firewall 3.0 is the "Auto-Block Suspicious Behavior." It is much easier for Non-Experienced Users to not receive alerts asking what to do, but it is also a bad thing because SpyShelter thinks Ad Aware and Slim Cleaner are suspicious. Personally me, I would rather use comodo, online armor, or private firewall because I do not feel like paying for a firewall.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Personally me, I would rather use comodo, online armor, or private firewall because I do not feel like paying for a firewall.

I am considering getting one of those. I would be pleased to hear from you on the pros and cons.

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
I do not feel like paying for a firewall.

soory to disappoint you buddy it is doesn't have firewall module ( like windows firewall or another 3rd party firewall drive), they have program control based on known or unknown database, like M$ using smart screen technology digitally signed as well as good known files or not. simple its called files reputation or whitelist technology. this why i totally disappointed on them because they are using firewall but they is no firewall only program control only, as well as they have lifetime license also. thanks anyway for the review. :)

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
soory to disappoint you buddy it is doesn't have firewall module ( like windows firewall or another 3rd party firewall drive), they have program control based on known or unknown database, like M$ using smart screen technology digitally signed as well as good known files or not. simple its called files reputation or whitelist technology. this why i totally disappointed on them because they are using firewall but they is no firewall only program control only, as well as they have lifetime license also. thanks anyway for the review. :)
It does have firewall module.

Reactions: Koroke San

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
I assume you're talking about SpyShelter Premium, that's a different product.

no, i think firewall uses whatever different modules spyshelter created is loaded in one program called firewall.

Attachments

• spyshelter compare.jpg
    spyshelter compare.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 633
Reactions: Koroke San

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
great review as always but u should always tell in ur videos that these third party security softwares have a impact in boot time or not.

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
in term of security it is as good , now OA is a complete configurable firewall unlike SS which added a firewall over the antilogger.

spyshelter FW = antilogger + HIPS + FW
OA = FW + HIPS + Antilogger

no i do not think so because i changed my config of spyshelter to load tdi firewall driver but still my windows firewall is active and rules are enforced from it (windows firewall rules) actively.

ps: still my palemoon browser can't connect to internet because i created a rule in wfc before uninstalling it still that rule is active so this is the moral of the story, i not going to argue any more on this, because i am going to purchase it soon and see how paralytically working in real system. :)

upload_2014-7-1_20-36-4.jpeg

upload_2014-7-1_20-36-16.jpeg

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
hello
Great review^^ when i tried it last year i remember there were many many popups even by default; i uninstalled that cos i found it really annoying and not safe (i am not always in front my computer and i can't pretend to know everything in my laptop^^). I won't pay also for a firewall even with advanced security features.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.