SecurityNightmares

Level 37
Verified
Jan 9, 2020

plat1098

Level 24
Verified
Sep 13, 2018
You probably get an A++++ with your hardware, SecurityNightmares. But here's my attempt anyway. It was incredibly fast--only took a few seconds.

If you go to the ghacks page and click the Download button, it will eventually take you to the MS Store download page and then you can get the benchmark.

infinity bench.PNG

rain2reign

Level 5
Jun 21, 2020
I don't really understand what that benchmark actually... benchmarks... My CPU fan curve didn't turn on (let alone budge), my GPU was still cold and asleep with the same going for its fans, nor was my task manager (and resource monitor) showing any signs of life from the program. I don't understand it. Then I got the results (see spoiler) and got redirected to the official website where they have a CPU Chart my CPU is mentioned once in there and probably only with custom OC (from that user).

I am confused... What is this one for? XD
It's not testing for stability, it's certainly not running a "test" on my hardware. If I have to compare to everything mentioned and written in that gHacks article, I'm truly wondering if they actually know what they are talking about regarding this piece of software. And again...

I AM CONFUSED! :ROFLMAO:

1619384709132.png
1619385366806.png

Even my farts make my PC warmer and its fan curve budge. What is the point of this particular benchmark, cant find anything on it. Hell even wagnard's CPU benchmark made my CPU at least use its resources according to resource monitor. What is this confusing scam whatca-ma-call-it. XD

InfinitySoftware

From InfinitySoftware
Verified
Developer
Apr 26, 2021
I don't really understand what that benchmark actually... benchmarks... My CPU fan curve didn't turn on (let alone budge), my GPU was still cold and asleep with the same going for its fans, nor was my task manager (and resource monitor) showing any signs of life from the program. I don't understand it. Then I got the results (see spoiler) and got redirected to the official website where they have a CPU Chart my CPU is mentioned once in there and probably only with custom OC (from that user).

I am confused... What is this one for? XD
It's not testing for stability, it's certainly not running a "test" on my hardware. If I have to compare to everything mentioned and written in that gHacks article, I'm truly wondering if they actually know what they are talking about regarding this piece of software. And again...

I AM CONFUSED! :ROFLMAO:

Even my farts make my PC warmer and its fan curve budge. What is the point of this particular benchmark, cant find anything on it. Hell even wagnard's CPU benchmark made my CPU at least use its resources according to resource monitor. What is this confusing scam whatca-ma-call-it. XD
Hi, we are InfinitySoftware, your review is so funny hahaha.
The purpose of InfinityBench is not to make your CPU hot or anything else.
InfinityBench will do various algorithms, such as Dijkstra's Algorithm, RSA Algorihm, the Fibonacci's Series and so on, so you can see how fast is your CPU to do these calculations, the test will take only few seconds (it depends by your CPU speed of course) so the CPU will not be hotter. InfinityBench is used to see how FAST is your computer and not to see how STABLE is.

Hope it helped you, thank you for the review by the way, it's important to us.

InfinitySoftware

From InfinitySoftware
Verified
Developer
Apr 26, 2021
InfinityBench is also available for download as Portable version, so you do not have to install it on you computer, there is the link to download:
Download
You probably get an A++++ with your hardware, SecurityNightmares. But here's my attempt anyway. It was incredibly fast--only took a few seconds.

If you go to the ghacks page and click the Download button, it will eventually take you to the MS Store download page and then you can get the benchmark.

Morro

Level 11
Verified
Jul 8, 2012
It is not a bad score! InfinityBench last update has improved performance of algorithms, now the tests will have 26% higher scorer, what is your last score? Do you remember it?

Actually that was the first scan I made with Infinity Bench. ( I meant a school grade. :D ) Just did a second one, and with exception of Double Precision all results are now lower?

lQ5DvMD.jpg

Last edited:

InfinitySoftware

From InfinitySoftware
Verified
Developer
Apr 26, 2021
It depends a lot on the background processes in your system, maybe there are some process that use CPU or GPU, obviously the test's result are not the same every time.
Actually that was the first scan I made with Infinity Bench. ( I meant a school grade. :D ) Just did a second one, and with exception of Double Precision all results are now lower?

lQ5DvMD.jpg

plat1098

Level 24
Verified
Sep 13, 2018
Out of curiosity, set to High Performance in Power Plans and ran again. This is a five year old Pascal gpu--it's capable enough but this bench seems a little generous in that regard (although prob. the numbers take over from the letter-grade?) This gpu shortage is for the birds, I tell you.

infbench.PNG

InfinitySoftware

From InfinitySoftware
Verified
Developer
Apr 26, 2021
The Grade is about Total Score, and the GPU Test is made with OpenCL, a very light GPU library that can measure the GFlops quickly, so the GPU's computational speed, obviously it can't be precise as you can see, in the future we want to introduce a more complex GPU Test, such as rendering test.
Thank you for the review, and thanks to this community for sharing our software, it's so important to us so we can improve InfinityBench!
Out of curiosity, set to High Performance in Power Plans and ran again. This is a five year old Pascal gpu--it's capable enough but this bench seems a little generous in that regard (although probably the numbers take over from the letter-grade?) This gpu shortage is for the birds, I tell you.

SeriousHoax

Level 35
Verified
Mar 16, 2019
The latest version ..
No I think, because the latest one is already installed on my system. Windows Update does that for everyone. There's an old outdated 3.5 version which also includes 2.0 & 3.0. Some old apps require that but that .NET framework has security issues, not offcially supported by Microsoft anymore. So I don't like to install that.
1.PNG

• +Reputation
Reactions: SecurityNightmares

CyberTech

Level 34
Verified
Nov 10, 2017
No I think, because the latest one is already installed on my system. Windows Update does that for everyone. There's an old outdated 3.5 version which also includes 2.0 & 3.0. Some old apps require that but that .NET framework has security issues, not offcially supported by Microsoft anymore. So I don't like to install that.
View attachment 257514
Ah umm, try .NET 5.0? Recommended according to Bill gates i mean Microsoft

InfinitySoftware

From InfinitySoftware
Verified
Developer
Apr 26, 2021

InfinitySoftware

From InfinitySoftware
Verified
Developer
Apr 26, 2021
Ah umm, try .NET 5.0? Recommended according to Bill gates i mean Microsoft
Yeah! It's that! InfinityBench uses .NET 5 not the old .NET Framework.

InfinitySoftware

From InfinitySoftware
Verified
Developer
Apr 26, 2021
That's great then. It's better if you also include the required version in that popup so that no one gets confused like me.
Unfortunately this popup is not made by ourselves but is Windows that shows this popup to say that .NET is required to start the application.
We can try to modify this popup or maybe do something different, we will update you in these days if a solution has been founded.
Thank you a lot!