Information about Win7 SP1 False Positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
This didn't happen to me. But from the screenshots at their forum I see that mscorsvw.exe accesses a dll (in c:\windows\assembly...) and that dll is detected as malware and moved to chest or even deleted (I do not like these default settings, btw). But as far as I know mscorsvw.exe is related to .NET Optimization service... that is disabled on my machine and maybe this is why I never had this problem. SP1 didn't install any new .NET framework for me (my version is v4 - Client - the last version available but was updated before SP1, last year actually). Maybe for those who didn't had .NET framework v4 SP1 included that too.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
All providers get false positives, it's a thing that can't be helped but I am quite suprised that files within the SP1 from microsoft were flagged really.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I did a scan with avast, heuristics an max and still didn't encounter this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.