Install Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Bloatware Free Edition now

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is due to begin its rollout on October 17, but if you want to install it right now, and without joining the Windows Insider Program, you can.

The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Bloatware Free Edition isn’t an official release from Microsoft -- it’s a special edition built using the MSMG Toolkit v7.7 and the latest Windows 10 Fall Creators Update RTM Build 16299.15. As you can tell from the name, the Bloatware Free Edition removes a lot of unwanted extras from the OS.

SEE ALSO: Windows 10 update removes Windows Media Player

The release includes integrated DirectX 9, and applied Metro skin to the Windows Photo Viewer.

The following features have been removed:

• All Metro Apps except Store, Calculator, Sticky Notes and Xbox (the latter was not removed to retain the proper functionality of the Windows 10 Game Mode)
  • 3rd Party App Links
  • Connect App
  • Maps
  • Telemetry
  • Skype Video App
  • Contact Support
  • Cortana
  • Windows Embedded Features (removes packages related to Custom Shell, Device Lockdown, Keyboard/Registry Filter)
  • Geo Location
  • Home Group
  • Mixed Reality
  • Quick Assist App
  • Take a Test
  • Windows Defender
Once installed, you’ll need to enter your Windows product key in PC Settings > Updates & Security > Activation > Change Product Key in order to activate it. You can use the OS without activating it of course.

Install Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Bloatware Free Edition now

Download the 3.9GB Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Bloatware Free Edition ISO from here.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Will this be an inplace upgrade? Would really be annoyed if I had to reconfigure my registry tweaks. It's easier to just uninstall all the annoying bloatware. Why does Windows even come bundled with all the bloat? I wonder how much money they are getting from this.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
This is only x64 version, no x32?
Need x32 for Virtual machine.

P

plat1098

Thread author
Whaaaat....and no BubbleWitch?!

crop.png

pssst: voted "no." Will cleanly install.

Reactions: frogboy

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I have had my share using vlite/nlite and even-though it was fun, I have got bored reinstalling Windows like twice a week.
I have got all mentioned things disabled or removed using normal 1709 version, so I see no reason to try this one out.

People can easily create their own custom iso using NTlite or winreducer, they will indeed speed up Windows noticably, but also break ton of stuff in the process.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Is there already a download of RTM Fall Creators Windows 10 somewhere?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Last edited:

ng4ever

Level 16
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Modified Windows ISOs is halfway to ask for trouble, you can never know what changes they made under the hood, this is no different from downloading from Warez.

That is what I am worried about. That is why I won't try it.

To bad Microsoft themselves won't offer something like this :(

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Local Host: "Modified Windows ISOs is halfway to ask for trouble, you can never know what changes they made under the hood, this is no different from downloading from Warez."
Tim one: "Ahhh.... I will set the Windows update settings to "limited data plan", I dont want that!
Now it is no more Windows Update but Bloatware Update! (n)"
SecretKeeper: "Might not have bloatware, but it could have something in the code we don't know about... No thank you. o_O"

Noooo!...
tenor.gif

tenor.gif nooooo!.....

- so progress, progress on the good road, right track, Microsoft.
"The best road to progress is freedom's road." - John F. Kennedy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.