Troubleshoot Installer isn't closing and not being detected by anti-virus/ anti-adware programmes

Mariya

Thread author
Mar 18, 2015
Hi there!

I today wanted to install Firefox on my Mac and an Install programme opened itself and is now preventing any further action - the computer can't be restarted or shut down (notification: Installer can't be closed). The programme can't be ejected, closed, deleted neither. I ran a Kaspersky full scan and it initially detected the malware but no option could be selected to desinfect the Installer. I ran several further scans (AdwareMedic, Avast, CCleaner) without success in detection, also Kaspersky now doesn't find the malware anymore.

Anyone knowledgeable about which steps can be taken to get rid of this Installer? It would be of great help!

Thanks in advance!
Mariya

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 19.21.17.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 19.21.17.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 411

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.