Umar.18

Level 2
I am looking for a solution to install Webroot secure anywhere antivirus along with windows defender. is there any way to do so? I have tried installing Webroot but it disabled the Windows Defender in Windows Security Center.

Reactions: Nevi

oldschool

Level 32
Verified
I am looking for a solution to install Webroot secure anywhere antivirus along with windows defender. is there any way to do so? I have tried installing Webroot but it disabled the Windows Defender in Windows Security Center.
Why would you want to? Webroot is old and tired. Windows Defender + ConfigureDefender gives you strong protection. If you like you can add some OS hardening or another soft like OSA, VoodooShield, etc. Or if you insist, Webroot plus something else.

won't with defender, but will with other antivirus. i'm using it with kasp security cloud (free) on one computer, and with norton on the other. works perfect with both of those.

Umar.18

Level 2
I just wanted to test it along with defender on my test machine. Currently, it is not possible to do so. Even after tweaking the registry.

Threadripper

Level 7
I wouldn't bother:
Files Webroot is unsure of, Webroot logs what they do, what they modify and tons of other stuff. This means it can "roll back" damage, and if you were infected, this would be your only hope with Webroot lol. Back on the topic, all of this junk is written to ProgramData/WRData and it can be anywhere from 50MB to 50GB - really. Constant reading and writing to that folder, no wonder things slow down.

Webroot love to advertise their 5MB app and cloud signatures, that's great, but filling people's main drive (because you can't change where this folder is) which could be a small SSD with potentially more than 50GB of junk... Lunacy.

Reactions: Burrito and roger_m

Correlate

Level 3
PCMag and TechRadar gave it 4 stars out of 5.

I advise you not to install it on your computer that it is a failed product

alakazam

Level 6
I advise you not to install it on your computer that it is a failed product
I already tested the trial version. I didn't particularly like it, but it wasn't one of the worst. I mean, it detected two viruses on my PC. But I would not say that it is a failed product.

Reactions: Jack

Correlate

Level 3
I already tested the trial version. I didn't particularly like it, but it wasn't one of the worst. I mean, it detected two viruses on my PC. But I would not say that it is a failed product.
Webroot is an antivirus company located in the United States.
The publisher offers a security solution all in one, simple, automatic and based on the cloud and especially light.
The following is very simple, ready to use.
Its extension asks Google Chrome, which has been installed and that blocks all the links.
Things change when the extension is not available (Firefox), the software lets several threats pass without stopping them. A threat has even crashed the virtual machine and even try to break into the physical PC!
Unfortunately, the test is finished before its end because Windows explorer having been patched relaunched in loop, impossible to work on the machine.
This is a disappointment, antivirus not recommendable.