Intel Alder Lake details leak, up to 16 core Alder Lake-S, W680 chipset

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Intel's Alder Lake is the company's upcoming 12th gen 'Core i' series processor lineup and over the last few months, leaks related to it have been pouring in. Adding to the list of leaks is today's new information that we get regarding the Alder Lake-S processors. HXL on Twitter, who is a known leaker, has posted what appears to be an Intel roadmap for current and upcoming Workstation processors.

The roadmap has Alder Lake-S on it listed as an entry-level workstation or a high-end desktop (HEDT) part. It will pack up to 16 cores and will require a new W680 chipset, on the LGA 1700 socket. This new chipset will allegedly succeed the current W580 chipset built for Rocket Lake-S processors. For those wondering, the W series chipsets indicate Intel's HEDT motherboard parts.

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

I'm excited to see how this one plays out. AMD has done a great job with Ryzen, but having Intel at the top of their game again will only make things better for consumers. Competition is always needed, it's never good to always have one company always at the top. The whole "big core," "little core" thing has me intrigued as well!:emoji_beer:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.