venustus

Level 43
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
It sounds crazy, but it’s true: Arch-rivals AMD and Intel have teamed up to co-design an Intel Core microprocessor with a custom AMD Radeon graphics core inside the processor package, aimed at bringing top-tier gaming to thin-and-light notebook PCs.

Executives from both AMD and Intel told PCWorld that the combined AMD-Intel chip will be an “evolution” of Intel’s 8th-generation, H-series Core chips, with the ability to power-manage the entire module to preserve battery life. It’s scheduled to ship as early as the first quarter of 2018.

Read More

Vasudev

Level 24
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
Hmmm I wonder how this is going to end. I mean I can see Nvidia crying....
We'll seeing dual graphics solutions like APU and AMD GPU on Intel. I bet boards manufacturers can add nvidia gpu on the same board along with it. So, we have two/three GPUs on the board itself, now we need 3 drivers to update gpu and co-exist w/o wrecking the OS.
I think Vega packs more punch than nvidia that could be the reason for Intel teaming up with AMD for iGPU because Intel previously used nvidia's IP for iGPU.

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
We'll seeing dual graphics solutions like APU and AMD GPU on Intel. I bet boards manufacturers can add nvidia gpu on the same board along with it. So, we have two/three GPUs on the board itself, now we need 3 drivers to update gpu and co-exist w/o wrecking the OS.
I think Vega packs more punch than nvidia that could be the reason for Intel teaming up with AMD for iGPU because Intel previously used nvidia's IP for iGPU.
Yeah I think it bad enough having 2 graphic card drivers to update on a laptop, let alone 3.