Intel and Oakley made sunglasses that talk to you

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
During its keynote address at CES 2016tonight, Intel showed off a pair of sunglasses made by Oakley that come with a built-in running and exercise coach that talks to you as you work out via a set of attached headphones. Radar, as the system is called, also responds to voice commands, so you can ask it how far you've gone, how far you need to go, your current pace, and other data.

D

Deleted member 178

main purposes of sunglasses : protecting you from the sun's UV and blinding effects
secret purposes of the sunglasses: allow you to peep hotties without being noticed

so a talking singlasses will help you in the second case:

user: wow , check this girl !!
sunglasses: your heartbeat rate has increased dramatically please move your eyes away from her chest , if not cardiovascular issues may happen !

:D

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
main purposes of sunglasses : protecting you from the sun's UV and blinding effects
secret purposes of the sunglasses: allow you to peep hotties without being noticed

sunglasses: your heartbeat rate has increased dramatically please move your eyes away from her chest , if not cardiovascular issues may happen !

RoFL Umbra You nailed it :D

Reactions: Logethica

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015

Reminds me of the Bond movie: The world is not enough where James Bond wearing an X-ray glasses. I just want that... :D:D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I really thought the whole purpose of wearing sunglasses was so nobody would talk to you!
Google glass and now sunglasses that talk to you :confused: Personally I will take a pass on these.
Some technology is just ridiculous.My personal opinion of course.
Let us see if it can beat my wife in talking
Something to stop my wife from talking or at least muting her would be probably the biggest milestone since landing on the moon.Maybe Oakley could do something with Intel along the lines of when she starts talking some ear muffs fold down over your ears.
I would be first in line to purchase those.
@Jack sorry I don't mean to scare you :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its like a same fate for Hoverboard, what is the practicality all about when you can just walk faster to reach on the place besides its for leisure purpose.

Anyway, well we are nearly in the generation where our things will be dependent too much on technology, as sunglasses is a clear example of contributor.

Reactions: arslan ejaz
D

Deleted member 178

Something to stop my wife from talking or at least muting her would be probably the biggest milestone since landing on the moon.

invented long time ago :D

qS2TGCo.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.