Intel announces 10th Gen Core (Comet Lake-H) series for gaming laptops

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Intel announced its yet another 14nm series of processors for high-end gaming laptops. The series is based on Comet Lake-H architecture.

The flagship Core i9-10980HK processor has eight cores and sixteen threads, which is a similar configuration to recently announced AMD Ryzen 9 4900H (or Ryzen 7 4800H). Both series are competing in the 45W TDP segment, although this value is fully configurable in both ways.

The Core i9 processor in the Comet Lake-H series will boost up to 5.3 GHz (which is a Thermal Velocity Boost frequency). The TVB relies on temperature targets and power envelopes, and those can be configured by laptop makers. The 10980HK is the only fully unlocked CPU in the series, which means it is overclockable.

According to Intel, the Core i9-10980HK is 23% to 54% faster than Core i7-7820HK, while Core i7-10750H is up to 31% to 44% faster than i7-7700HQ.
Intel promises 30+ premium ultra-thin 20mm laptop designs and more than 100+ laptops with Core H-series on board.
... ...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.