Intel announces its Core i7-8086K chip, along with Amber Lake and Whiskey Lake CPUs (Computex expo 2018).

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Jun 5, 2018 02:30 EDT
Computex kicks off today, and that means that it's time for news from Intel, Qualcomm, Microsoft, and more. Intel made a range of announcements today, from new CPUs to 5G promises.

The company is celebrating its 50th anniversary, and it's also the 40th anniversary of the x86 architecture. With that in mind, it announced its first 5GHz CPU, the Core i7-8086K. It's a limited edition processor, and the firm will be giving away 8,086 of them. If you want to enter to win one, you can do so here.

Also, you might have noticed that the one piece still missing from the eighth-generation Intel Core puzzle is the Y-series. The firm said that new 'Amber Lake' Y-series processors are coming later on this year, along with Whiskey Lake U-series chips. They both feature double-digit performance improvements and integrated gigabit Wi-Fi, and Intel says that we can expect to see more than 70 new laptops and 2-in-1s starting this fall. It also says it will have a new X-series release, and the next S-series processor.

Intel also announced that Sprint is joining it as a partner to bring 5G, Intel-based PCs to markets around the world. These devices will come from Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Lenovo, and Microsoft.

Aerdian

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2018
Super cool! I would love to enter. Too bad I'm not yet 18 :( Oh, well. Thanks for posting :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.