Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
The Intel Coffee Lake 8th generation Core processors are expected to launch around Gamescom in the month of August which is next month. The new chips will be featuring the 14nm process along with a range of enhancements. The biggest change these processors are going to feature is an increase in core count. The Core i7 and Core i5 series will be the first to utilize a full-on 6 core design instead of the 4 core quads that we have been looking at for several generations. Another leak that was posted last week reported different clock speeds but turns out that was representing early ES chips while the latest leak reports final model specs.

Read more: Intel Coffee Lake Core i7-8700K and Core i5-8600K 6 Core CPUs Leaked

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
And as expected intel is fighting back trying to kill sales for the amd line. With the extra 4 threats on the top model giving it 50% more threats and with the higher clock speeds it should be able to be faster than even the top ryzen product(1800x) which costs $100+ more.
This is all theory but soon(Q3 2017 ~ August) with the actual release we will have a clear sign on the market.

Last edited:

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
And as expected intel is fighting back trying to kill sales for the amd line. With the extra 4 threats on the top model giving it 50% more threats and with the higher clock speeds it should be able to be faster than even the top ryzen product(1800x) which costs $100+ more.
This is all theory but soon(Q3 2017 ~ August) with the actual release we will have a clear sign on the market.
it's still 6 cores 12 threads against 8 cores 16 threads, sure the clock speeds look good but multithreaded it probably won't be much faster than 1800x. plus they're half a year late.
AMD will just decrease the price of R7 line to balance it.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
it's still 6 cores 12 threads against 8 cores 16 threads, sure the clock speeds look good but multithreaded it probably won't be much faster than 1800x. plus they're half a year late.
AMD will just decrease the price of R7 line to balance it.
Yup, those extra 4 threads should easily compensate for Intel's higher clock speed in multi-threaded tasks (not so much in gaming though) and will be easier to cool too.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Intel is losing so hard. I would be sad if it wasn't so entertaining.
You can get an 8-core Ryzen 7 with 16 threads for under $300 right now. By the time Coffee Lake (lol) comes out they will be even cheaper. Unless Intel the i7's are selling for under $300, nobody will even bother.

I bet they will require a new socket putting the last nail in the coffin. Dead on arrival either way.

Reactions: brambedkar59

SHvFl

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Intel is losing so hard. I would be sad if it wasn't so entertaining.
You can get an 8-core Ryzen 7 with 16 threads for under $300 right now. By the time Coffee Lake (lol) comes out they will be even cheaper. Unless Intel the i7's are selling for under $300, nobody will even bother.

I bet they will require a new socket putting the last nail in the coffin. Dead on arrival either way.
You could read the article. Same socket and prices the same as every time. As for who would bother i guess all the people that realise that more threats don't mean more performance in everything and they value stability and not a new bios per month for 6 months to be able to get everything they own working as it should.

Reactions: DeepWeb

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.